Post Whoring

talontsiawd

Reaction score
As for havnig a dead forum, we musn't forget that this forum is about cars and providing and gaining knowledge about the 6th gen. if they wanted to post whore, then they can do so on MSN or 4chan or OT. whatever.

This sums up what i've been trying to say in a few of my posts well. Honestly, if the forum became 1/3 as active because people stayed on topic, is that really "bad?" That's my mentality, i'm sure i'd be pissed if i was searching 2 years from now, found a thread of importance on something and then found half the posts said "joo is teh stupid" and all that.

I think the "trade off" between the "activity of the site" and "post whoring" really just doesn't click for me. I also think not having the shout box is a poor excuse. Then again, i look at all forums as a database, or atleast, that should be one of there largest purposes.

For the record too, i'm not mad about this and i'm not concerned at any real level. I just think if it continues, it will get worse. As it gets worse, the site will get worse. I've seen it happen on so many forums it's not even funny. I have seen posts by newer members who have been a bit aggetated as well, it seems like many new members don't stick around like they used to. That's another reason why i think it's important.

Back