Post Whoring

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
can we just ban badger for like a day to show him the pimp hand??? :D

and i used to not care that the shoutbox was gone..but it sounds like it really needs to be back haha

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
can we just ban badger for like a day to show him the pimp hand??? :D

and i used to not care that the shoutbox was gone..but it sounds like it really needs to be back haha

ive been banned once from 6ga, i wont be surprised if it happens again

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
I agree with the OP that there are way too many nonsense threads, but there are also some beneficial threads that are about non-car topics, so it is a fine line to try and control whoring without creating a dead forum.

SiReal

Reaction score
we've got a similar issue to our local aussie forum ozhonda.com

we have a place called the lounge HOWEVER we have a thread only for spam, where users can post whore as much as they like and talk about anything they like.

Within the lounge, there are standard topics. any posts which deviate get soft deleted and users get infractions for spamming. after a certain number of infractions, users get banned for a temporary amount of time.

the only way on our forum to crack down sometimes is to directly pm the members who are causing the issues and issue a stern warning.

As for havnig a dead forum, we musn't forget that this forum is about cars and providing and gaining knowledge about the 6th gen. if they wanted to post whore, then they can do so on MSN or 4chan or OT. whatever.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I agree with the OP that there are way too many nonsense threads, but there are also some beneficial threads that are about non-car topics, so it is a fine line to try and control whoring without creating a dead forum.

There is a big difference from meaningful off topic posts and just saying things because you are bored, or just going off in peoples threads. I'm always down for off topic, getting to know people. People just need to think "does any one else care" and go from there.....IMO

JonJonello

Reaction score
ugh i miss the shoutbox, i havnt been on as much lately cause it has been missing :sad: i use to go on the minute i woke up evrymorning just to say good morning to all the peeps that were on :) honestly its what brought me closer to the site cause i was able to make small and serious talk on a first named basis and it was awesome ;)

i know alot about alot of different ppl cause of it...and i miss it...bad

ppl on there know how fun and crazy it could get sometimes lol i mean i would be on for hours just laughing my guts out cause of the stuff that went down in there lol man o man the good ol' days

nyways im not to sure what im getting at just wanted to say how much i miss the shoutbox or "SHOUTANGLE" as i called it.....i think it was a very integral part of the site and 6GA feels...idk...like empty w/out it

so ya nyways rock on peeps and i'll be seeing ya :rock:

Back