Problem: Re-Installing Transmission Mount

Aman

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Here's the bad boy I'm working on. My 2001 5-speed:

I replaced the driver's side motor mount without a problem. After some disassembly, it appears I can't replace the transmission mount without dropping the trans, something I'm not equipped to do right now.

Now I'm having the hardest time reassembling the damn thing!

For those familiar, the part I'm replacing attaches to the body with one bolt at the top, and two at the bottom - one towards the front of the car, one towards the rear. The lower rear bolt was loosened but not removed. I can remove and reattach the top bolt no problem. I can't attach lower front bolt after close to an hour of raising and lowering the drivetrain, loosening and tightening the other bolts in ever manner, and depleting my reservoir of swearwords.

The car's in my underground garage spot with my jack still supporting the trans, and a little too easy for anyone to steal. I don't like the idea of leaving it like that overnight (to say nothing of my ride to work tomorrow).

Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Maybe I just need motivation to go back down there for another hour. Anyone know which it is? What could I be doing wrong?

I really want to drive this thing with at least the new driver's motor mount. My backup ride is my best friend's Mustang on summer tires. Atypically even for Canada, it's snowing right now.

Why can't I put this last bolt in?

DelMer

Reaction score
If I'm correct, there is a video where a guy does this very mount on a 99-04 odyssey floating around on youtube somewhere. I believe he gives some insight on how exactly to attach the mount.

Personally, I bought aftermarket mounts and found that the holes did not line up exactly. I had to drill my mount holes in order to make the hole large enough to line up with the hole. If I remember correctly, it wasn't that much of a reaming, and I felt comfortable enough using it after drilling the hole larger.

Back