Problem with vents always blowing

Blackspike85

Reaction score
sketch - We should get together sometime anyways since we live so close to each other, I could just have you listen to it.
It almost sounds like the fan is rubbing on something ?

Blackspike85

Reaction score
Where is it located and how hard is it to take out ? It might wait till spring, the weather sucks right now, Freezing cold and windy.

Blackspike85

Reaction score
ok... I found the fan and took it out. It was full of mouse **** and insulation that it brought up there. So after I got the fan out of the way I reached up and felt the same stuff all over the cabin filters. I got new filters in and cleaned everything all up except the fan blade. I want to take the blade off to wash it really good but can't get it off the shaft. Does anyone know how to remove the fan blade from the fan motor ?

Blackspike85

Reaction score
yeah... when you live in the woods or by corn fields, they get in all the time! Its from the previous owner though, cause he kept the car in the garage for me while he left his brand new Subaru outside and it got mice in just a few days.

I guess I'm gonna run to my local Advance Auto to look at the Haynes manual. Thats where I figured out where the fan was but I didn't read how to take the blade off cause I didn't think I would need to.

Blackspike85

Reaction score
Nevermind, I just cleaned it while attched to the motor. Everything smells nice and fresh and its very quite now ! Thank to all that helped

Back