projectors upside down in new tycs

angelusnhc

Reaction score
i got my hids installed today in my tyc projectors. i got a decent cut off line but the problem is that the line is on the bottom not the top like i see in everones pictures. almost like it was installed upside down.

anyone else has this problem and is there a way to fix it?

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
lol you have to post pics of this...and if they are in upside down...you would have to open the housings up and flip the projectors....

angelusnhc

Reaction score
You and I obviously have conflicting opinions. My experiences say otherwise.

TYC projectors (from eBay) with 4300K H1 HID Bulbs:

Installation
_MG_4041.jpg

_MG_4159.jpg

_MG_4166.jpg

_MG_4169.jpg

Garage
_MG_4200.jpg

_MG_4199.jpg

_MG_4198.jpg

Driveway
_MG_4195.jpg

Back Road
_MG_4178.jpg

_MG_4186.jpg

Highway
_MG_4193.jpg

see his cut off is at the top. mine for sure is on the bottom and we have the same cut off line. the left side is a tad weird looking instead of straight. man im having so much bad luck with lighting

indowanksta88

Reaction score
LOL sorry but i started laughing so hard when u said that hahahahahah, but yea as dinz said, u will need to open up the housings and flip them

angelusnhc

Reaction score
LOL sorry but i started laughing so hard when u said that hahahahahah, but yea as dinz said, u will need to open up the housings and flip them

ok here is a dumb question. is there a way specific way to open these. like the oems you bake but idk if its different for tycs. also what do i use to seal them back up?

these look in good condition like its never been open so how can they have got like that?

nexTOme

Reaction score
id say ask for replacement.....if the projector is mounted upside down, it is defect. why bother to fix it yourself when you can probably get is replaced with properly manufactured?

also, wow, i am impressed with quality of tyc and its cut off......i thot it was terrible....but those pictures proved me wrong....

jbuff

Reaction score
id say ask for replacement.....if the projector is mounted upside down, it is defect. why bother to fix it yourself when you can probably get is replaced with properly manufactured?
if i had another set, i would replace them....i always just thought thats how they were (although it doesnt seem right)....i even talked to someone on another honda site a while back that seemed like they had the same experience....someone suggested the adjustment screws can turn the piece you are talking about (which i dont see happening but i never looked into it lol)

i definitely wouldnt want to be driving with HIDs and the light output going UP lol...i guess your best bet would be to pull it apart and flip them....whatever you end up doing, good luck man. hope everything works out!

jess

angelusnhc

Reaction score
im going to try to contact tyc and see what they have to say first then if they wont replace ill take it apart myself.

angelusnhc

Reaction score
Where did you buy them?

i bought them from Jbuff.

Tyc will not replace them since i am not the original owner and since i do not have the reciept for proof of purchase :-(

if i take it apart what do i use to reseal it so that it will not fog? right now im so damn agrevated with all of this.

Back