Proline wheels?

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
since u got a coupe, i'd go with the oem tl rims, if u got sedan like me before, I'd go with the tl-s rims... clean and simple

but the difference is that the tl rims u can get for under 400 while the tl-s rims u'd be looking around 800 ish for a good condition...

:henry: at the 130mph comments :henry:

i've hit 130mph in the dyno :naughty:, never on the street!!!

is this how I'm going to be known now? At least now you all know who I am.
heres some pics of the rims. Excuse the poor pic quality i have to use my blackberry untill i get my evo 3d on friday:beer:

the ones I really like they're pretty much copies of the tsw croft
8.jpg

tsw croft
CROFT_GUNMETAL_large.jpg

these look really nice in real life
jpg.jpg

the ones my bro wants me to get I'm not to sure about them
9.jpg

slowrider87

Reaction score
I recommend getting wheels YOU like. Keep looking until you find some you're passionate about, otherwise you'll regret it. And if you can't drop at least $400 - $500 for some decent wheels, stop looking and start saving.

Go through the wheel review thread, members rides, etc. That will get you started, and maybe spark an idea.

^this.^ thats exactly why i still have stocks. nothing else needs be said and you should listen to noone other than him. especially the guys giving you crap about going 130 still. only you know what wheels you like.

everyone does stupid things noone can say they haven't. cut the guy a break guys. he's already admitted he knows he was wrong, so lets go ahead and move on. and stop
horse.gif

back on topic. if you're asking about the quality of american racing? well they are good for a set of winter wheels you don't care about and not in a large size. i had a set of stock size 15's on my 1st 5th gen. clear coat peeled like a mofo, got all oxidized and crappy looking real quick.

Last edited:

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
^this.^ thats exactly why i still have stocks. nothing else needs be said and you should listen to noone other than him. especially the guys giving you crap about going 130 still. only you know what wheels you like.

everyone does stupid things noone can say they haven't. cut the guy a break guys. he's already admitted he knows he was wrong, so lets go ahead and move on. and stop
horse.gif

back on topic. if you're asking about the quality of american racing? well they are good for a set of winter wheels you don't care about and not in a large size. i had a set of stock size 15's on my 1st 5th gen. clear coat peeled like a mofo, got all oxidized and crappy looking real quick.

thanks bro, and yea i was just going to use my stocks for winter

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
The TSW rim you posted and the one that looks like it, are also similar to ASA GT1's. They may be worth a look as well if you're looking for the tuning fork style.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
haha no its not I'm just looking for a good deal
when people say "looking for a good deal" it says to me "i think i have a super-awesome, super-secret way of saving money that nobody has ever thought about before, and i'm too cheap to do it the correct way!"

those two have been up for centuries they keep reposting them. I really like them but ehhh idk if I'd want to be stuck with them.
you, too, WILL get stuck in that infinite loop if you buy generic rims.

or if you dont mind paying $500 up front and then getting $200 a year or two later...

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
when people say "looking for a good deal" it says to me "i think i have a super-awesome, super-secret way of saving money that nobody has ever thought about before, and i'm too cheap to do it the correct way!"

you, too, WILL get stuck in that infinite loop if you buy generic rims.

or if you dont mind paying $500 up front and then getting $200 a year or two later...

what do you mean?

Last edited:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
about which point? :poke:

the first means that there's an accepted way of doing something...it just has to be done a certain way. unless you get a steal (or ironically, someone else "got a steal") on rims, you get what you pay for.

there's no way around it...cheap, generic wheels are ****. believe me, i'm a person who makes getting the most for my money a priority...i will throw my $130 sub up against any other on the market when comparing quality sound. it can't be done cheaper, however. its just not possible, i've tried.

when you look at the prices and say "man, these are all too much"...well...that's what the market says they're worth. you mentioned you were getting an evo 3D. why pay $200 or whatever the upgrade amount? should be able to find it cheaper, right? get one shipped straight from china for $50 off ebay?

riiiiiiiiiiiiight :rolleyes:

a "good deal" would be saving up a good chunk of money, then paying close attention to forums/CL/ebay and be the first to hop on a great set when it comes up. patience and perseverance is how you get a "good deal." get to know the market and the going rates and educate yourself on how to recognize a "good deal."

or just say "daddy, i want wheels for the accord" and you'll probably get them...

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
about which point? :poke:

the first means that there's an accepted way of doing something...it just has to be done a certain way. unless you get a steal (or ironically, someone else "got a steal") on rims, you get what you pay for.

there's no way around it...cheap, generic wheels are ****. believe me, i'm a person who makes getting the most for my money a priority...i will throw my $130 sub up against any other on the market when comparing quality sound. it can't be done cheaper, however. its just not possible, i've tried.

when you look at the prices and say "man, these are all too much"...well...that's what the market says they're worth. you mentioned you were getting an evo 3D. why pay $200 or whatever the upgrade amount? should be able to find it cheaper, right? get one shipped straight from china for $50 off ebay?

riiiiiiiiiiiiight :rolleyes:

a "good deal" would be saving up a good chunk of money, then paying close attention to forums/CL/ebay and be the first to hop on a great set when it comes up. patience and perseverance is how you get a "good deal." get to know the market and the going rates and educate yourself on how to recognize a "good deal."

or just say "daddy, i want wheels for the accord" and you'll probably get them...

spoken like a true gentleman until the last statement. I pay for all of this myself, yea I'm so rich my daddy bought me a 98 honda:fail: I did my research and bought the best I could for my money and thats what brings me to this forum so I can continue to make the most out of it. I'd love to say daddy buy me these new rims and a charger srt8 but I don't have those luxuries.

Back