Pulleys

nyknick1015

Reaction score
I just picked up some AEM pulleys and i have a couple quick questions,

What is the stock alternator output rated at?
I dont plan on having a audio system but if i do, if i put a higher output alternator, will it accomidate for the loss of a larger pulley?

simon_y

Reaction score
You should be fine, cause I have the same AEM pullys for the Alternator and Power Steering.

The headlights do dim a little during idle. I don't have a sound system also, just a Car Pc. You won't notice the headlights dimming with HIDS, but I'm running normal halogens so you can tell.

AFAccord

Reaction score
I've had one OEM alternator fail and one HO alternator fail while I had my AEM alt pulley installed. It may just be that I'm superstitious, but I no longer run that pulley, only the PS pulley.

nyknick1015

Reaction score
the UR comes with the crank pulley tho and they say its bad to change that one no?

tnguyen600

Reaction score
i have the UR pulleys...i think some people say its bad to change the crank pulley b/c of the harmonic balancer and the whole underdrive thing.

just sell off your aem and get a UR set lol

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
i have aem ones for years now...no prob at all... but i only have a bass and no other electronics

nyknick1015

Reaction score
ok i got them on... take a peak just finsihed act ually
pulleys.jpg

my friend who had them on his mustang raised my idle a bit so the battery doesnt die on me when im warming up or not driving the car... it helped because it was idling a around 500 after i put them in, and now im back to regular idle 800

Back