PVC Valve....

honda_dude

Reaction score
i am thinking about changing my PVC valve. Is it alright if i go with a aftermarket PVC valve like puralator or should i stick with OEM? Does it really matter? I read a thread on here or either v6performance.net saying that aftermarket PVC valve makes a hissing sound and are not good..can anyone comfirm that??

for you guys that changed ur PVC valve, what brand did you use and did you notice any change in the engine wise and increase gas milage??

nexTOme

Reaction score
i just grabbed whatever was there @ autozone....
it doesnt really matter which one you go with....

i did see LOTS of gas mileage improvements.....like 320/340 per tank to upto 460 per tank.....but thats mainly because i did seafoam/97percent freeway driving...

angelusnhc

Reaction score
when should you change these out. i was told if the pvc valve rattles then its still good and mine rattles. but i have 115,xxx miles on mine and idk if its time to replace it or not

nexTOme

Reaction score
ummm i dont know about mileage, but i changed mine because it didnt rattle....

if it doesnt rattle = you went WAYYY over i think :lawl:

ccordex00

Reaction score
I usually change my valve every two oil changes...it's like 3 bucks at any autozone, pepboys or kragens so it's not a bid deal...
make sure you check it once in while so ur gas milage stay decent...

honda_dude

Reaction score
so that might be why my gas mileage has gone down lately..

...i think my O2 sensor needs to be also changed but they cost too much and kinda out of my budget right now

plus my car has 112,XXX and i never seafoam it b4 so i might give that a try b4 my next oil change

00AccordLX5spd

Reaction score
I bought a purolator one(cheapest at Advance), but I haven't slapped it on yet. I'm waiting till I change my oil next.
I don't think it should matter. It looks to me like it's just an "L" shaped piece of plastic with a hole in it!
I think the change interval is 30k

honda_dude

Reaction score
its only 3 bucks so i am going to change it at every other oil change.

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
i just swapped a Fram one in yesterday, it looked bigger and cleaner than the basic one, i also seafoamed my crankcase, oil and gas tank (1/3 each) and now it idles hella smooth

honda_dude

Reaction score
i just swapped a Fram one in yesterday, it looked bigger and cleaner than the basic one, i also seafoamed my crankcase, oil and gas tank (1/3 each) and now it idles hella smooth

is the crankcase the place where u suck it in from the pvc line???

u have to change the oil after u seafoam it right??

Back