question about drop

kwak123

Teehee
Reaction score
i'm about to drop the car, but i'm afraid to at the moment ,due to my front passenger lower control arm being bent.

my question, are there front camber-arms that can replace this? or do i just have to get oem replacements

sorry that i put this in urgent, i just cant feel safe abotu dropping until its fixed

001Stunna

Reaction score
i'm about to drop the car, but i'm afraid to at the moment ,due to my front passenger lower control arm being bent.

my question, are there front camber-arms that can replace this? or do i just have to get oem replacements

sorry that i put this in urgent, i just cant feel safe abotu dropping until its fixed

so why dont you fix it then lower it.....:eh:
i wouldve fixed it when i found out it was bent to start with.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
It really only makes sense to fix something if it’s damaged/broken.

And you’re right, this is not urgent.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
LCA doesn't cost much, and since the tires will be off to mount the suspension anyway, might as well fix the damaged part.

JordanFleenor

Reaction score
I think he is just asking if we know of another aftermarket LCA so it doesn't hit when he lowers his car. If this is what you are asking, I'd like to know too.

Not thread jacking. Just trying to figure out the question haha.

How did it bend btw?

001Stunna

Reaction score
I think he is just asking if we know of another aftermarket LCA so it doesn't hit when he lowers his car. If this is what you are asking, I'd like to know too.

Not thread jacking. Just trying to figure out the question haha.

How did it bend btw?

The L(lower)CA does NOT hit when you lower a car. The U(upper)CA is the one that hits the shock tower.

If you don't want the UCA to hit, go higher or cut a hole in your shock tower or deal with the noise and turn the music up.
If you bent your LCA, you should replace it and inspect your FSB endlinks as well as balljoints and tierods.

LCA doesn't cost much, and since the tires will be off to mount the suspension anyway, might as well fix the damaged part.
LCA cost about $200-250 OEM. The ingalls seem to be $330 but also include the lower balljoint. I wouldn't call them cheap...
Also work-wise you're doing more then removing the wheel and damper (which you'd do to change suspension).

Last edited:

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score
Wow takes a lot for the LCA to bend and not to sound redundant, but change your LCA then lower her and in couple weeks get that alignment.
How did it get bent????

Elite1JDM

Reaction score
Ya definitely replace the LCA and check what other parts are damaged, go to a junk yard!
And then drop it ,alignment!!good luck

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I stand corrected Levin, I was thinking of a different part (tie rods) that I just got done on the wife's car.

Back