Questions regarding lug nut pattern and wheel/tire fitment

truzzieart

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm new to this forum.

I have a 2002 EX coupe 2.3 that currently has the ugly 4 lug stock aluminum wheels. I've seen some pictures of our accords on the 5 lug pattern 05 Acura TL 17" wheels and also the 08-2010 18" accord wheels and I really like the way they make the car look.

1st question: What do I need to do to be able to use those wheels on my accord? Do I go to a junk yard and pull the 5-lug wheel hub assembly from a V6 6th gen accord? Is it an easy and straightforward swap or does it need some kind of modification?

2nd question: I know I'd obviously need to get 5 lug rotors but will the calipers and brake pads that my accord currently has work or do I also need to get the V6's calipers?

3rd question: What tire size would I need to use for proper fitment on my accord? It's currently completely stock so its not lowered or on coilovers.

4th question: I eventually want to get coilovers to lower the car a little bit, just enough to make the new wheels look good. What (not super expensive) coilovers would be good for a daily driver? Are adjustable coilovers better?

I've attached pictures of the wheels id like to use

TYIA

Attachments

• 36798b88b8ba46c784d7cff748f765e8.jpg
    36798b88b8ba46c784d7cff748f765e8.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 2
  • 00s0s_e68oaVqnCkQ_0tp0t2_600x450.jpg
    00s0s_e68oaVqnCkQ_0tp0t2_600x450.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 2

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
This 5lug swap DIY guide will answer your 1st/2nd questions, give it a read. It and many other DIY's members have made over the years can be found in the Master DIY list under the DIY subforum, FYI.

As for your 3rd question on wheel/tire fitment...3G TL wheels are 17x8 +45 & wear a 235/45/17 tire iirc. These can be installed and look at home on your Accord, though they MIGHT poke just slightly in the front but lowering the car as you are planning will pull them in. 8GA wheels I am not intimately familiar with but Honda/Acura OEM wheels are generally pretty conservative in terms of specs so I am sure it wouldn't take much, if anything, to make them look good. Fitment will not be a problem.

Here is a thread of members' cars all on stock wheels, mostly from Honda/Acura. 3G TL wheels were a very commonly used option so lots of pics (or what's left of the pics) of those are in there or elsewhere on the site if you search. I am sure there are 8GA wheel pics somewhere as well, if you search.

For your 4th question, you can check out the suspension review thread for some info. Granted some pics are gone and I'm sure there are new options since it was last updated (ollllld thread), but it's a place to start.

Full adjustable coilovers are very much worth it. Gives you full control over your ride comfort and ride height, which you can adjust if you ever switch wheel setups. And helps you dial in height as to avoid the "boat look" that these cars were known for (front is naturally higher and you need to lower the front more than the back to keep the car even keeled).

K there's enough for ya to be dangerous. Good luck!

truzzieart

Reaction score
This 5lug swap DIY guide will answer your 1st/2nd questions, give it a read. It and many other DIY's members have made over the years can be found in the Master DIY list under the DIY subforum, FYI.

As for your 3rd question on wheel/tire fitment...3G TL wheels are 17x8 +45 & wear a 235/45/17 tire iirc. These can be installed and look at home on your Accord, though they MIGHT poke just slightly in the front but lowering the car as you are planning will pull them in. 8GA wheels I am not intimately familiar with but Honda/Acura OEM wheels are generally pretty conservative in terms of specs so I am sure it wouldn't take much, if anything, to make them look good. Fitment will not be a problem.

Here is a thread of members' cars all on stock wheels, mostly from Honda/Acura. 3G TL wheels were a very commonly used option so lots of pics (or what's left of the pics) of those are in there or elsewhere on the site if you search. I am sure there are 8GA wheel pics somewhere as well, if you search.

For your 4th question, you can check out the suspension review thread for some info. Granted some pics are gone and I'm sure there are new options since it was last updated (ollllld thread), but it's a place to start.

Full adjustable coilovers are very much worth it. Gives you full control over your ride comfort and ride height, which you can adjust if you ever switch wheel setups. And helps you dial in height as to avoid the "boat look" that these cars were known for (front is naturally higher and you need to lower the front more than the back to keep the car even keeled).

K there's enough for ya to be dangerous. Good luck!
Thank you very much!

Back