Radio compatibility

Simkid5614

Reaction score
I hate making new threads, I did a bit of search, and didnt find much.

I want to toy with the idea of changing my AM/FM Cassette, to the 2006 Civic NAV unit

http://www.ebay.com/itm/06-11-Honda...t=Car_Audio_Video&hash=item460b8f1b92&vxp=mtr

I know I would need the GPS antenna, and maybe the external XM unit. however. Would the initial plug in be compatible? I want something OEM, I was considering the OEM 6Disc Cassette for the 6thgen But for me it seems lacking, Aftermarket grabs too much attention, considering I CANNOT LEGALLY tint my front windows.

Any ideas or help :)

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
If it looking aftermarket is your concern. That civic one looks completely aftermarket... Soooo

Simkid5614

Reaction score
It might look aftermarket, but Thats not really my concern too much, I want everything, and having an OEM Honda unit would be gold to me.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Well you can wire it just like you can wire an aftermarket in. Like you said you'll need those extra antennas

Simkid5614

Reaction score
8891d1193346656-just-another-navi-retrofit-question-non-navi-nav-ex.jpg
Except I don't know exactly what is needed I know I'd need XM, GPS, But then theirs 7 other plugs, I'm feeling i need to find the Wiring pages for the civic radio and see the pinouts to find what units I'd need.
they switched to a 3 pin plug for the Regular Radio antenna, so that would have to be changed. They also used a factory amp. Might be more trouble than its worth.

I stole the image from 8thcivic.

Last edited:

lashlee

Reaction score
The power/ground/speaker wiring can be found from a specialty stereo shop that is local to you. The will sell you the male that fits into the Civic radio and the female that goes into the Accord wiring. This way it's color to color with no guess work. You will have to source the GPS antenna as well as any extra's that the OEM radio would have used. Your Accord factory steering wheel controls (if equipped) may or may not work with the new radio. The bracket off your Accord radio should be able to be transferred over to the Civic radio and should fit into the opening without much fuss. The only difference may be the depth. There is no guarantee that they will both be mounted at the same depth, but they might be.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
If its factory amp then its not going to be going off wires in a harness like that.

The only thing that will work is getting it to turn on. Trust me, it's not going to work the way he just described it. It's ALOT more wiring than its worth.

Simkid5614

Reaction score
The Navigation B connector is used only to add Auxillary functionality
I did research to find that the OEM accord plug needs pinouts changed, The oem deck will power the speakers without the optional Civic amp. Considering our Accords splice the Tweeters in after the HU I could leave that pinout closed.

CONNECTOR B is also used for Steering controll which i dont have, nor do i need.

the only thing needing to be sourced is the Antenna modify for the window antenna. easy to find, THE XM external unit
and the Gps antenna. Everything is self contained and can be run without an aux, or I can pick up a factory Aux connector and it would plug right up the extra green connectors were for addon equip from the dealer. the main plug would have been factory I'm leaning toward this if i can find the right pricing the accord uses the same pinout numbers I'll do some more research, If I decide to tackle this as a project, Would anyone want a valid DIY?

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Of course if you're doing it a DIY would be something good to have. Not many other people will do it, but its nice to just have the info out there to share.

Back