Radio

Jakester

Reaction score
Thinking of replacing my stock radio on my 01 Accord with a double din one. Was thinking of getting this one: Kenwood DDX471HD (http://www.kenwood.com/usa/car/navigation_multimedia/ddx471hd/index.html).

Does anybody have experience with this model or Kenwood? Or is there another model you would recommend or even another brand that has the same features? I'm not looking to spend more than this one is though. Priced at around $399.

Slowfinger

Reaction score
The Alpine IVE-W530 deck is pretty good too! I like that it has a 3.5mm jack in the front for your Zune or iPod!

lashlee

Reaction score
As long as you stick with a name brand unit you should have good luck. There will be specific differences between units that may lead you towards one or the other but in general they will work about the same. I like how my Alpine handles multiple iPods better than my old Kenwood but the Kenwood was a little more user friendly. I would stop by your local specialty shop and give them a test drive to see what they recommend and what you are drawn to.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Don't know about your model, but I have a Kenwood, and have had trouble since day 1 .. now I'm building a carpc ..

Turbo5upra

Reaction score
Between pioneer and alpine- if you plan on connecting a phone I would go with alpine- I wish they made a headunit that didn't require a external processor for all of my applications but I find the pioneer 80prs to be painful as far as integrating with my phone.

I've judged a few cars with kenwood double din units and find them to be painful to navigate- Alpines seem to be far more intuitive.

Back