Rear lights issue

Reaction score
Hey im new i couldnt figure out where to post this so i figured this would work i appologize if theres a specific area.

I had been trying to replace my rear licence plate lights to white. My first issue was they didnt work then i found out polarity mattered. Then i came across a new problem the left light doesnt make any contact if its properly in all the way its sensitive and has to be placed just right but the light covers dont fit now because the led bulb is not in all the way on one side. I wanted to know if theres anything i can do and is it safe to drive without a light cover on the license plate.

16f4ad9b4af0821ada8fc92556475583.jpg

Varnell

Reaction score
I assume driving without the covers would ruin the LEDs pretty quickly. Try to find a shorter one that fits. They come in all shapes and sizes.

CokeZero

Reaction score
Yeah, water on lights blow them. (ask anyone with cracked foglights lol)

You could try to resell those, might not be worth your time though.

Check out superbrightleds.com

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Lights, er, laps, break cause they get hot, and are made of glass.

Led's are not.

I have yet to have an LED break.

CokeZero

Reaction score
Last edited:

FNCONE

Reaction score
This specific auction comes with two, any reason you didn't use them both?[/QUOTE]

I own a 2001, my plate only has 1 bulb, if I remember correctly. Hopefully they work for you being a 98

FNCONE

Reaction score
I own a 2001, my plate only has 1 bulb, if I remember correctly. Hopefully they work for you being a 98

DizzyP

Reaction score
Best to find a seller that list the specs on the site since they come in different shapes, brightness and colors. I rather know the color temperature rather than vague working like white, light blue, etc.

superbrightleds.com

I got a ten pack of 168 bulbs
Amazon $10 shipped.
Jtech 10x 194 168 2825 T10 5-SMD White LED Car Lights Bulb https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00877SL2M/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_apmPub0Y731XV

My 2001 Sedan V6 only needed one bulb.

iPhone using Tapatalk, sent from my.

Back