Reduce exhaust noise ?

supremeaccord

Reaction score
Yesterday I I had 2.5 inch piping from the the cat back with a vibrant resonator and dc sport dual tip muffler, sounds good but way too loud on the low end in the cabin. I want it to sound kind of normal at crusing speeds and loud on the highway. Any tips or products to achieve this ?

2001 honda acord coupe ulev vtec

Reaction score
You can try sound padding on your interior, seen a few write ups for that solution on here. If you want to quiet the exhaust, im assuming that your muffler doesnt have alot of chambering in it? same with the resonator? if that is the case try getting a better version of them with better more complex chambering. i have the same problem with my exhaust set up, im going to grab a thrush rattler to place in my mid pipe. They are pretty much a round stubby muffler.

604ACCORD

Reaction score
Put a couple of 12" subs in you won't hear the exhaust anymore I promise. Or like he said you could do sound deadening but it's a lot of weight to add.

supremeaccord

Reaction score
i have some subs in there already.

Yeah your right neither have chambering in it im thinking about getting the ultra quiet vibrant resonator just to bring the noise down a bit. wouldnt the thrush make it louder ?

Reaction score
my car has no cat or resonator and a straigh through muffler sooooo anything with chambers will make it quite. thrush has that rep because mostly they are put on a stock exhaust ya know

phi1542

Reaction score
thinking about adding this

http://www.amazon.com/Magnaflow-104...liid=I26XTUXZTAEL6X&ref_=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl

think it would help as another resonator

That round muffler won't do much for the drone in the cabin. I made a thread on how to eliminate drone or at lease reduce it by a lot. I researched on it and it worked for me and other people. I did a straight pipe exhaust with an 18" dynomax resonator and my custom resonator 2.25". With no mufflers it sounds super aggressive still and the drone is reduced by like 90%. With a muffler the drone would be reduced even more probably. It's not guaranteed it will work but it worked for me and others. If you want to research more on it, its called a side branch resonator. Here's my thread with step by step instructions.

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50840

phi1542

Reaction score
Just the side branch since you already have a resonator. Leave your vibrant resonator there. I had a dynomax resonator with no mufflers and it worked really well for me

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Back