removing stock wing

lmanluis123

Reaction score
i was thinking of getting a shaved carbon fiber trunk but im not sure how long thats gonna take so i think im gonna take me wing off. so my question is, is there any other way to cover the holes besides getting them fill. ive seen a srt-4 put little rubber stoppers instead of filling em in it looked alright IMO.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
if u dun wanna repaint the trunk, then the pluggers/stoppers sound like a decent alternative....

if u wanna re-do the trunk, bondo over the holes and repaint it

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
you can put little pieces of black tape over them, hahaha.

thats what i see alot people do tho when they take them off.

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
haha.... i thought about taking mine off....but when i started to i ran across the huge hole that i would somehow have to cover where the wires ran to the brake light in the spoiler

pyaarawala

Reaction score
When I took my BW spoiler off I just covered it with white decals shaped like stars. You can't see it unless you're up close. I also put some tape inside the trunk where the hole was just in case some (most likely none) would leak through the decal. You really don't like your wing that much that you want to take it off?

6thgenGerardoh1

Reaction score
i had the same problem, i wanted to take off my wing then i ran into all these holes and i don't wanna repaint the trunk or put tape so i put back on the wing =[ :fail:

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Rubber stoppers will just bug you over time. Even when people fill it with bondo and use vinly that matches there car perfectly, someone always will point it out. You really should get it welded and painted.

The thing is, you can probably easily trade your trunk with some one with no spoiler pretty easily. Unless your car or there's is very abused, it shouldn't have any noticeable difference in color or anything like that. You can probably do that for free pretty easily, maybe even for a fee.

nexTOme

Reaction score
i would trade you but ihave sedan and i have mugen wing :hihi:

Back