repairing a big-*** hole in my leather seat (pic)

redlinevtec

Reaction score
You gotta have the "connects" here in SoCal to get the good stuff. ;) Or just be really lucky and live by a junk yard in a somewhat rural area with lots of rare cars. It's all location location location. Keep searching!

nsjames

Reaction score
junkyard.... not gonna be easy finding the seat at one but keep trying, my current leather driver seat has the leather in near perfect condition but my previous owner was a fat *** and broke one of the metal rods under the seat and now my seat rocks like a rocking chair when i accelerate the car. Ive been searching junkyards heavy willing to pay up to 200 bucks for another seat and dont even care if the leather is as fresh as my current seat long as the seat itself is not broken but ive yet to find a seat at any junkyard.

pull that **** and weld it up. I've fixed a few seat backs from chrysler minivans, they always break in the same spot.......

to the OP, stitch it up with some fishing line.

Gil'sCG6

Reaction score
pull that **** and weld it up. I've fixed a few seat backs from chrysler minivans, they always break in the same spot.......

to the OP, stitch it up with some fishing line.

really? i have no idea how to weld but that would be a good idea and not to mention cheaper than buying a seat

nsjames

Reaction score
really? i have no idea how to weld but that would be a good idea and not to mention cheaper than buying a seat

it's just metal, it can be welded back together. Pull the seat, disassemble the broken part, take to fabrication shop. Shouldn't cost more than $20 to have a rod welded back together. Either that or make a new rod from some stock.

You should make friends with the welding shop, they're handy to be on good terms with. Me, I just bought a 220V welder and started learning, but I like making things.

Back