Replacing upper balljoint w/o replacing Uca

todd_cards

Reaction score
I just bought uca and ball joint with lifetime warranty from autozone 86$

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

xci.ed6

Reaction score
eibach_567320k_v1_20100801.jpg

also adjusts caster (though more caster = good, more camber = good, price of arms = bad)
and limits suspension travel

overall, bad, designed by an asshat.

lmayoral2191

Reaction score
Those after market ball joints that adjust camber are ok... dont quite hold up. Great for adjusting camber, just gotta pay attention on how you put the balljoint in. If its not sitting straight, youll be adjusting caster lol.

FNCONE

Reaction score
the grease thing will unscrew.

Lol that is true, If I remember correctly I did add them after pressing it in.

Ive done alot of these type of balljoints, and never worn out the opening... unless you press it incorrectly or beat it in with a hammer lol. Your basic otc balljoint tool does the trick and makes it easy

That where I got the socket idea from, the OTC tool. Since I already had the press I gave it a shot. I guess if done correctly it would not cause damage, why else would they sell the ball joints separately from the arms? lol. The complete setup seems like the easier route.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Those after market ball joints that adjust camber are ok... dont quite hold up. Great for adjusting camber, just gotta pay attention on how you put the balljoint in. If its not sitting straight, youll be adjusting caster lol.

i'm a bit confused here. I thought you could set them -1.5 to +1.5 camber, so it would be like an off-center joint/circle. Near 0 would be scary cause the joint would move back, or fwd :O The 3*............

lmayoral2191

Reaction score
i'm a bit confused here. I thought you could set them -1.5 to +1.5 camber, so it would be like an off-center joint/circle. Near 0 would be scary cause the joint would move back, or fwd :O The 3*............

If you dont align the plate perfectly straight, youll be adjusting caster slightly instead of camber only. Ill see if I have one layin around the shop so I can show you what im talkin about.

Back