Retrofitting headlights

kn0x47

Reaction score
Very nice! Have you tried B-Stock before?

Would I need centric ring?

Wiring harness? One of the members mentioned above that the ballast for the 9006 hid conversion kit is compatible with the h1 bulb wiring.

yeah i have the b-stock e46-r shrouds and they're good. there's minor defects in the chrome coating but you can't notice it unless you're right up against it. and yeah the centric ring will be useful for that projector

guytv

Reaction score
I took out my headlights and realize that the plug to the amber strip was not ever plugged in. So, my lights for my amber strip was never on. lol :roflbow:

I want to fix this problem, but I realize that one of the socket and bulb for the amber strip is missing. The bulb type is 168, but I don't know what the socket type is for the amber strip. I checked on an online website that sells honda parts. It has it, but shipping on a 6 dollar part is 10 dollar. It does not give a number for the part. So I need help finding it.

Is it possible to buy another wire connector for it? Since the wires were never plugged in the wires are all black and gummy.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Socket is #8 - http://www.oemacuraparts.com/honda/...-fuel-cat/headlight-scat/?part_name=socket-2p

cce4cdfe00de91d6706bb9ec3c8070ed.gif

As for the pigtail, I'd try to get that from a junkyard.

Last edited:

Tectonickz

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with going the cheap route when your doing a mod for the first time. :)

I disagree!! Do it right the first time otherwise in a year you'll be buying the nice stuff anyways and re-doing it because your cheap route didn't last long!

Also +1 to RedRyder, Go to a junkyard for any spare headlight pieces you need theres sure to be a coupe or sedan there. I needed wiring harnesses for mine when i did the retrofit and I got all the wiring I needed from an old junker accord for like $20.

Last edited:

guytv

Reaction score
I disagree!! Do it right the first time otherwise in a year you'll be buying the nice stuff anyways and re-doing it because your cheap route didn't last long!

Also +1 to RedRyder, Go to a junkyard for any spare headlight pieces you need theres sure to be a coupe or sedan there. I needed wiring harnesses for mine when i did the retrofit and I got all the wiring I needed from an old junker accord for like $20.

But what if your doing it the first time and you bought the nice expensive stuff and end up messing it up. Lol that's not what I want. :henry:

But yeah I see your point. Better to save time. :) Everyone is different. So I can see the agreement/disagreement on this matter.

I never been to a junk yard. Just curious. Do you have to bring tools and disassemble the front bumper yourself?

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
^ I mean it all depends. At my local yards, some are cheap and some arnt. I picked up a few little things and spent like $7. Shouldn't be much for small stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back