Returning Accord Owner

chicken89

Reaction score
So, I'm back to the accord. Family has always been a Honda family, so I maintained the tradition (family get-togethers makes the driveway look like a Honda dealership).
My first car was a 98 black accord, lx (i4, auto). Dad took it back when I got married, gave it to my brother.
Replaced it with a 98 Passport (4dr 4sp auto) 2 months before got married.
Got married and got a VW Passat GLX 4motion (loved that car!) for wife.
Got a 97 Del Sol 5MTto save an insane amount of gas money driving 90+ miles a day for work. (so at this time, owned a VW Passat, Passport and a Del Sol)
Wife totaled the VW, so she chose an 03 pilot to replace it (now a pilot, del sol, and passport)
Del sol stopped working, so I traded it for a 92 Honda Nighthawk motorcycle. (pilot, passport, nighthawk)
Decided that instead of taking the 13mpg passport to work 5 days a week, I would get a v6 accord. I was hoping for a 5/6MT, but ended up with a white 4dr AT (ohh the heartbreak).
So now my vehicles are: 93 Nighthawk, 98 accord, 98 passport, 03 pilot.
I am a police officer in Indiana, living in Shelbyville, PM me if you need some advice.
I'm not a mechanic, but hopefully in my new house, I will have a lift and tools to work on cars (still negotiating on the house, but already have a lift lined up). If all goes well, I may have to barter lift usage for minor repairs

DrOwZee

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. A lift in the garage is every car enthusiast dream, well atleast mines lol
:thumbsup:

chicken89

Reaction score
the house we are wanting to buy, the previous owner worked on cars, so he had a lift... unfortunately he took it with him.
i got back from the home inspection, and my wife tells me that her employer's uncle worked on cars and had 2 lifts. when he died, the lifts were left to employer's sister. she is keeping one, and told my wife that she can have the other no charge (just get it out of the garage so she can finally park her car in it). so... now i just need a house to put it in!
the garage is also wired for a welder and a 220v air compressor!!! once moved in, i will be getting a 220v compressor. i don't know anything about welding, so the better half is making me wait till we have some home remodeling done before she would approve the welder.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. A lift in the garage is every car enthusiast dream, well atleast mines lol

Forget a lift, I can crawl under... What I really want is a drive-up DYNO, that will be a lift (small raise but enough to work under) AND will serve obviously as a DYNO.. That's my dream ;)

Anyways, welcome dude! Good luck, glad to have you. :thumbsup:

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
best thing to do to learn welding, is to try to weld a lot of **** haha

welcome to the forum. i wanna be a cop after my 3 years in the army as an infantryman is up (only 3 years to go haha)

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Welcome to the site.

+1. After being around a lift for my swap, I've realized that working on your car actually can be painless haha.

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Welcome to the site.

Enjoy.

Awesome to have a lift in the garage. Huge advantage to getting work done on the cars.

chicken89

Reaction score
+2 & welcome to the site. enjoy.

wait, you want to come to my house from Rhode Island to work on your car:jae:

well anyways, just splurged and bought the house... 30 years from now it will be paid off (hopefully sooner). by the summer the lift will be installed. bought an 80 gallon air compressor as first step to building my shop. been on garagejournal.com looking for ideas on building a work bench and shelving.
i need to make friends that know how to build stuff (i subscribe to the "measure 4x, cut 2x and still be the wrong length)... anyone want to be my friend?

Back