Richard's '02 V6 Coupe EX-L

Discussion in 'Members Rides' started by Sil2DrV6, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

Re: Sil2DrV6's 2002 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 (56K)

So, Richard went and got himself a lip kit? LOL. Looks good buddy. I really am convinced that lip kits and wingless are the way to go.

And what's the story about shaving the lip?

2. Sil2DrV6

Sil2DrV6 Well-Known Member

Haha thanks. One day, I'll try to take some quality photos.

:peace:
    Okay, I'll try not to forget that next time. ;)

Yep. :chewie: Thanks Mikey. :) I don't mind having an add-on for my trunk, but I just don't have guts to have it drilled haha. I might think about putting a deck lip spoiler, but it's still up in the air.

As for shaving the Bayson R front lip, I wanted to make the front lip flow better with the side skirts.

When I saw Soccorchamp16's front shot, his pic helped me realized that I had to shave off these portions to match with the side skirts. (Not indicating as a bad example tho. He is repped as well for this lol.)
    [​IMG]

EDIT: Left one is the front lip, showing the portion between the arrows in the 1st pic, that needs deeper contour to match w/ the authentic side skirt.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

EDIT: I shaved off the surface of the lip (the area above the blue masking tape) to expose more contour, which it should be continued from the center of the lip. That's the contour that OEM optional style full lip kit should have.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

EDIT: The sand paper disc bit was most effective. Then I switched it to the buffer bit to even out the shaved surface. Then I wet sanded w/ 50 ~ 80 grit to refine the area.
    [​IMG]

EDIT: The result after the paint by professionals.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
     ↑
     ↑
    Maybe it's hard to tell... Well, it would be nice if it is, because that's the point lol.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  3. SykVSyx

SykVSyx Well-Known Member

Now....if you could get the Coupe sides to fit on a SSM sedan and look as good!

Thanks for the b-day wishes as well, btw.

4. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

So...you shaved the top of the front lip down to make it not as tall...? I think I see the difference but maybe not, lol.

5. DrOwZee

DrOwZee Well-Known Member

DETAILS.
    :GetMoney:

6. Igor

Igor Under construction

Clean dude I like

7. Sil2DrV6

Yeah, definitely that! It could be PITA to do so, but the SSM sedan will look awesome!

You're welcome, Derek-san.

Umm... not quite. Sry, if I confused you w/ my bad English lol.

I shaved off the surface of the lip (the area above the blue masking tape) to expose more contour, which is the shadow that comes from the center of the lip. That's the contour that OEM optional style should have.

Nice new sig, Mikey! :thumbsup:

Is that a request, Michael?

Well, In that case:

After days of figuring out a good way of shaving the areas, I decided to use the dremel tool for it. I started it off by masking off the desirable area, and shaved off the areas w/ the multiple dremel bits. (The sand paper disc dremel bit was most effective.) Then I switched it to the buffer dremel bit to even out the shaved surface. Then I wet sanded w/ 50 ~ 80 grit to refine the area.

I only have Saturday off, and the noise was quite loud when I was shaving, so I only had daytime available for this DIY. :( Meaning, 1 ~ 2 hrs for every other Saturday, and it took me more than a month to complete this thing lol.

Once the DIY was done, I let the professionals paint the full lip kit. On a side note, the body shop told me that the side skirts, which are originally acquired new & owned by Blackdeath (Bill), were painted about 5 times. IDK what they meant to tell me tho lol. I can't tell you at the top of my head now, but one of the sides has a sliiiight dent on the surface, but it's really hard to tell. Also, a few of its metal hangers were slightly bent down, so I have a little thicker gap between the quarter panel & the skirts, but I'll probably be able to reshape the hanger, when I became bothered by it. Edit: or it could be my frames.. Over all, I'm loving my side skirts! Thanks to JV6 (James) & hc520 (Henry)!

The shop told me that the shaved area had a little bit of warped section, but they gave me a compliment of my work. :) And they told me that the section was really easy to fix w/ a primer + sanding, instead of using a bondo.

Was it detailed enough? :GetMoney: Lol.

Thanks, man! Glad you like it. :roflsquared:

Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
  8. DrOwZee

DrOwZee Well-Known Member

lol I meant I love the way how you spent on all the small details on your car.

9. Sil2DrV6

Lol. :laughing1: I thought about if that was what you meant, too but I went on for the hell of it lol. I'm sure this might help out little bit, if other's want to pursue. So, it's all good. :lol:

10. Sil2DrV6

It was sitting in my room for 4 months of collecting dusts, and I finally had a chance to use it!

G-CORPORATION Under Spoiler Skid Plate
    (Purchase & Info available at:http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/g-factory-ri/item/10000781/)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

TOYOTA '07 - '11 Camry Spoiler Protection Strip
    (Cosmetic purpose, but it also works as a weather strip.)
    @ Michael (DrOwZee), thank you for the info. Repped you, sir!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking! :peace:

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018