Richard's '02 V6 Coupe EX-L

Discussion in 'Members Rides' started by Sil2DrV6, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Rusty Accord

Rusty Accord Well-Known Member

Unless it's got a heat shield, you might want to rethink adding it. The exhaust will melt that plastic the first time it gets warm enough. It's either that, or add a heat shield to it. :)

2. Sil2DrV6

Sil2DrV6 Well-Known Member

You should keep the Accord forever like me lol. Indeed, I do prefer getting direct bolt-on parts, but sometimes I end up getting retro-fitted parts, like my 9th gen Accord cat back exhausts haha. You get those happy feelings of being a little different than any other 6ga's, right? Sounds like you got some fun projects waiting for you, have fun! But yeah, lowering the ride height will be more efficient imo b/c you can be familiar with your ground clearance in advance. It would also be easy to simulate your different wheel/tire fitment set up as well.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  3. capsidx

capsidx Well-Known Member

Definitely going to lower it first. I want to get into suspension because Frankenstein needs it horribly but I’m still getting my odds and ends taken care of. Recently put on a 2017 splash guard and new wheel well liners because I was tired of pa road garbage getting my motor dirty. The 2017 splash guard covers a lot more. I really want to cover as much as I can underneath. Can’t wait to rock free, salt free Florida roads lol. [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

4. Sil2DrV6

Oh hey, thnx for the update. :lawl: GJ, be sure to post those to ur thread tho :lawl:

5. capsidx

Didn’t think about that lol I almost never update my thread anymore :lawl: I know you’re all about fitment so that under carriage splash shield probably doesn’t interest you :lawl:

6. Snique88

Snique88 New Member

When you replace the alternator with the Odyssey did that also change the lighting illuminations on the dashboard because I swamped out my old alternator for new one even after charging my battery and now I'm having power surges while I'm driving.

7. Sil2DrV6

^ I suppose you meant the brightness. but no, it didn't change it at all though.

8. Sil2DrV6

Took my 1-yr-old son out for a drive for the 1st time. Drove to the beach 'n had some food-truck style tacos. Was a blast!

Set my Tein to the softest settings for him, and I totally forgot how soft it could be. He slept like a rock on our way back lol.[​IMG]

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

9. capsidx

I wish I could ride with my son in the car. I was told it was the last time he was riding in my car the first time . You’re lucky lol

10. Sil2DrV6

He's been in my wife's Pilot ever since he was an infant, so I guess he's kind of getting used to stay in a car by now haha. He usually falls asleep after a few minutes of a drive, and sleeps all the way though out the whole trip lol. I guess those road noise 'n bumps induce his sleepiness haha. He's still one, so he won't remember this trip, but I took a bunch of photos and videos, so at least, he will think that he remembers, when he get's older haha.