RIP my 6GA....

dcmystery21

Reaction score
Accidents are no fun. Insurance companies are even worse. I recently got t-boned in a wal-mart parking lot. Right after the impact, the driver of the car that hit me, hopped out and said he "was sorry". A week or so later, I found out that wrecks on private property are a no-fault kinda thing, so our own insurances would have had to cover our own cars if he didnt admit fault. I only have liability so I would have been screwed.

I had my car exactly where I wanted it after 3 years, and boom, its gone. Im just trying to say, I know how you feel. I argued with the guy's insurance company and got 6325 for my '00 w/ 155k I4. Now I have a RSX Type-S and love the crap out of it. You should consider one =)

Edit- I actually have a few pics on my thread in my sig.

JV6

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about that, at least you guys are safe! gl if you decide to get that 5mt 01 accord bro!

jaw819

Reaction score
i think that one's sold, the guy wont return texts/phone calls. even left him a message.
i mean come on, at least let me know its sold, don't keep me wondering..

oh, and mom said something about insurance not offering full coverage on anything 10+ years old, so i may either get an 01-02, or get an Si or something. </3

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
LOL at an older civic priced higher than a newer Accord with roughly the same mileage.

Go after another 6GA Andrew, you'll be happier. If you go with #2, do you have a way to get around until you find another car?

slowrider87

Reaction score
glad to hear you two are fine. sorry about the car though man. definitely go with #2. full pay out plus all your parts. sounds like the best deal to me. hope all turns out to be a blessing in a brutal disguise.

SxyRed6gen

Reaction score
Like others said go route #2 and swap your parts onto another 6GA and you'll come out ahead. I'd stay far away from a Civic Si, they lack the comfort and space of an Accord and are way too prone for theft. I never had a problem with my 6G anywhere I parked it, but my friend's GSR and EK sedan are messed with almost on a weekly basis. Good luck with everything

dtraill27

Reaction score
Like others said go route #2 and swap your parts onto another 6GA and you'll come out ahead. I'd stay far away from a Civic Si, they lack the comfort and space of an Accord and are way too prone for theft. I never had a problem with my 6G anywhere I parked it, but my friend's GSR and EK sedan are messed with almost on a weekly basis. Good luck with everything

Try an fa5 plenty of room. Id say the seats in my SI are more comfortable than my accord because they hug you more.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Agree. Newer Honda seats in general are miles better than 6GA seats. Even 7GA seats were a huge improvement.

jaw819

Reaction score
well, i've found all kinds of V6s.
I CANT FIND AN 01-02 5MT FOR THE LIFE OF ME. AND I'M ABT TO GIVE UP. ):
i'm kinda feelin' this EP, and getting a good deal if i decide to. i just cant live without my manual...

Back