rotors?

cdubb77

Reaction score
Check with Blacknight. I forgot what setup he has but they look good and he said they perform good.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
they also make dimpled rotors, which is a good alternative to people who don't want cross-drilled or slotted rotors. and then there's combo's, aka slotted & dimpled, slotted & cross-drilled, etc.

i have powerslot slotted rotors and axis ultimate pads. pads have more brake dust than normal and probably won't last more than a few more months (so around 20k miles or so with how i drive), but the car will stop damn quick, and there's no brake fade on twisty mountain roads

silencer

Reaction score
Wildman said:
i have powerslot slotted rotors and axis ultimate pads. pads have more brake dust than normal and probably won't last more than a few more months (so around 20k miles or so with how i drive), but the car will stop damn quick, and there's no brake fade on twisty mountain roads

just curious, could it be the pad, rotor, or both that contribute the most to creating the dust? is it because the rotors are slotted, or that the pads are just easily "dusted" ?

NINaudio

Reaction score
the pads are where the dust comes from. I too have the axxis ultimates.....they stop great, but like Wildman said, I'm gonna end up having to replace them pretty damn soon.

If you were looking to replace all corners, the parts should cost you around $230-240 or so for pads and rotors if you go with brembo blanks and some axxis pads. Brembo slottted or cross drilled will cost more, but I'm not sure of exactly how much more.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Had brembo slotted - warped fast but stopped like nothing else w/ Nissin pads.
Have brembo blanks - little better than stock braking with EBC Green stuff pads.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
I had powerslot drilled/slotted rotors with EBC pads and they were great. Had the rotors for 2 years with no problems. Now, I have Brembo Slotted rotors with Hawk pads.

Back