RPM @ 2600 when going 80MPH?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hondaboyj30a

Reaction score
I drive a 99 ex v6 and a few months ago, my rpm would be at like 3000 when doing 80 mph. And lately I've noticed that my rpm
has been running lower at 2600rpm ish when doing 80mph. Any suggestions about this?

NASOHC

Reaction score
That's great! Definately, not slipping :)

You change tire diameter lately - will change speedo reading.

NASOHC

Reaction score
My tires are stock. Rims are stock.

Did you do a trans service? maybe slipping before and now is better. I wouldn't be too worried - if so, get it checked by good technician. If it slips, the rpms will go high and acceleration will feel poor. Good luck!

hondaboyj30a

Reaction score
Did you do a trans service? maybe slipping before and now is better. I wouldn't be too worried - if so, get it checked by good technician. If it slips, the rpms will go high and acceleration will feel poor. Good luck!

i dont know but it just seems like it runs at lower rpms than it used to. and i didnt have the transmssion serviced. all that i have had done was simple drain and fills using the honda atf/

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
hondaboyj30a said:
i dont know but it just seems like it runs at lower rpms than it used to. and i didnt have the transmssion serviced. all that i have had done was simple drain and fills using the honda atf/
Maybe u were at slight incline

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
A/C makes a difference....

The car will tend to stay at a bit higher rpm's when you have the A/C going..... from my experience with the V6 autotragic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back