Say I were to get subs. . .

beardohio

Reaction score
for amp kits you'd also need a set of RCA cables. doesn't look like the one you linked included a set, this one from Crutchfield does have everything you'd need however. The other kits on Crutchfield that include RCA's are around $110, or you can buy RCA's seperately for probably $20-30

I like that right there, still $60. So that literally has every wire I'm going to need? There isn't another wire between the amp and subs or is there? Remember, my two 12"s have no wires with them and are not in a box.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
well no then, you'd need a few feet of speaker wire, say 10-12 gauge. if there are any local stereo shops in your area you can probably buy it locally for like $5. best buy also sells some RF stuff but it's a bit overpriced probably pay $10 for 3 or 4 feet of it.

beardohio

Reaction score
well no then, you'd need a few feet of speaker wire, say 10-12 gauge. if there are any local stereo shops in your area you can probably buy it locally for like $5. best buy also sells some RF stuff but it's a bit overpriced probably pay $10 for 3 or 4 feet of it.

Alrighty, and this is the hookup on my subs, good right?
ProfileBajaHookup.jpg

I have bought alot of stuff from these people...http://www.knukonceptz.com/productMaster.cfm?Category=Amp Installation Kits

Prices seem pretty fair, and I have had zero problems with anything of theirs that I own....pretty fast shipping too :)

Thank you for the suggestion!

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
you can either solder the speaker wire to the tabs or pickup some connectors and crimp them on

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
lol, first set, although you can probably get a 100 of them for like $3 at your local Ace Hardware

beardohio

Reaction score
Alright thanks, I got an Ace like 2 min down the road from me.
PS- I keep trying to give you more rep but it says basically I need to spread the love around. Is 6GA run by Obama or something?? Hahahah just kidding :roy:

All I really need to do now is explain to my dad that I have 2 subs, and want to get it all put together. I have the $$$. . . shouldn't be a problem.

beardohio

Reaction score
Friend of mine has a 5-guage wiring kit he said he'd give me, hasn't even been used. Is 5-guage good enough? Because $0 sounds better than $59.99 for 4-guage :p

dynasty

Reaction score
how many watts will you be running? i believe 5-gauge wiring is good if it's under 500watts. either way, just take it and if it doesn't work very well, use it for ground wiring. =]

Back