Scraping my h22a build, going boost!

604ACCORD

Reaction score
My plan is to use only 5lbs of boost on all stock internals and fuel system for the time being. On the side I will pick up another f23 and start to build it upgrade the fuel system and tune , Russianred I have been eyeballin your stuff. First things first I have to start getting parts

hers my list as of now

turbo manifold (ebay)
Downpipe of just flange and get one made
Garrett t3/t4
Blox 12:1 FMU
Adjustable FPR
Synapse Missing Link (ordered)
Tial 38mm wastegate
Intercooler piping
Depo boost gauge, depo water temp and pillar mount

Things I found on craigslist

Yonaka intercooler
Turbosmart manual boost controller
HKS ssqv blow off valve

604ACCORD

Reaction score
What do u suggest I'm new to this kinda thing I just watched that guys seriers and hes run 20 000 miles on his setup with ebay crap. So like what injectors and engine management would be good for low boost like 6psi I do want to stay obd2 if posdible

Last edited:

Eclipse99fwb

Reaction score
What do u suggest I'm new to this kinda thing I just watched that guys seriers and hes run 20 000 miles on his setup with ebay crap. So like what injectors and engine management would be good for low boost like 6psi I do want to stay obd2 if posdible

Im in the same boat on staying odb2 cause of emissions here. Going odb1 would be best for tuning but id you cant from what ive found the only two viable options would be aem standalone (best bet but most expensive) or greddy emanage which isnt the best but ive seen it work. Worst part about the greddy emanage is check with your tuner to make sure they can tune with it. Some wont touch it. 100% stay away from missing link i know this from my dsm days. You first should check with where ever you will get it tuned at to see what they will work with before spending any money. Tuning it is must if you want your motor to last. If you want more info i have tons of info ive been saving for my turbo build, let me know and ill post the links.

Last edited:

604ACCORD

Reaction score
The place I will be using for tuning uses megasquirt units I never asked if they have one that uses obd2 but what kind/size of injectors should I run then

604ACCORD

Reaction score
Found a greddy e manage locally for 300 in box and also accord boomslang harness for 199 but I'm reading most shops won't touch them imma ask the shop I'm going to use if they can do it. I have a few around me but the one I'm prolly gonna use is Racing greed.
http://www.racinggreed.com/

Edit...I checked their site they don't list greddy as a unit they have experience with

Last edited:

Eclipse99fwb

Reaction score
Not sure on the injectors size ill let some of turbo guys tackle that. Im going to go with prescions 680cc injectors like turboaccord98 used but ive seen people use 450cc also. One other thing you might want to use a walbro 225lph fuel pump to be on the safe side. You dont want to run lean under boost.

Eclipse99fwb

Reaction score
Also there is a aem ems for sale in the classifieds right now for $599cad or obo. Not bad considering what it cost new.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
AEM is the way to go really if you can afford it.. However, you also need to line up a tuner.. It is an open program, so any switch flipped will have a drastic impact and the person doing it better know what they are doing or else everything can get ruined.. You HAVE to get an AEM tuner, or learn to do it yourself.

Back