Sedan back door permanently closed? Help!

jaw819

Reaction score
so as you all know, i have my naples sedan.
well, my front doors are perfect.
back doors, issues.

rear passenger side, only opens from inside.
that problem was self diagnosed, and will be repaired soon.
the lever piece on the inside of the handle that pushes down the latch looking piece to open the door is broken off of the rest of the assembly, so the exterior handle moves but the lever doesn't move with the handle. new handle'll repair that.

REAR DRIVER SIDE.
same handle problem exterior.
BUT. it's child locked on the inside. ))): so it can't be opened from the inside OR the outside.
the lock can't be disengaged, and the door panel cant be removed. and the exterior handle cant be replaced. WHY?
BECAUSE THE DOOR WONT FREAKING OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

so has anyone else ever had this or a similar problem? please tell me what i should do. help MAJORLY appreciated.

thanks!

kn0x47

Reaction score
dang that sucks. when other people have had their doors stuck close I've always read that they had to risk bending or breaking the interior door panel to get inside the door. i dont know what you would need to pull on inside the door tho

Bax

Reaction score
Okay, 1.) That sounds like my kinda luck. :eh:

and 2.) another member from Alabama? :naughty:
EDIT: oh sh!t both of you are from Alabama. I'm not alone after all. :D lol

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
srry to hear this, i would try and break the exterior door handle and replace it after door is open, good luck

meximan16

Reaction score
Try taking the back seat cushion off and putting the drivers seat forward for some space, you should be able to get the door panel off

metrick1235

Reaction score
Try taking the back seat cushion off and putting the drivers seat forward for some space, you should be able to get the door panel off

Agreed.. Hopefully this will work for you..That sucks i had my outside one get broke from ex gf.. I tired to fiberglass it back together, it worked for about oh 4 times.. then broke again..

BkzTafetta

Reaction score
sounds like ur best bet is sumhow taking the handle off from the outside and pull on watever opens your door....mayb finding some door diagrams might help...

ActNow

Reaction score
^You run the risk of scratching your paint if you do that. Only way to properly take your outside door handle off is to access it from behind.

Back