Sedan back door permanently closed? Help!

001Stunna

Reaction score
Dont try to break your door handle from outside...all you gain is a small hole to work with.
...if you have to... ruin the door panel from inside and then replace it(you gain all the space you need) if you cannot take it off by moving the front seat up and moving the rear seats cushion.

kn0x47

Reaction score
sucks man. i'd try to help if you were closer. let me know if you end up ruining the door panel and i'll watch my local pull a part for when they finally get another 6th gen in

jaw819

Reaction score
there's gotta be something i can slide inbetween the weather stripping and the door panel to reach in and pop the child safety lock...

Narftastic

Reaction score
unscrew the door handle from the inside and pull it out of its holding place...then just try to mess with the metal stick and jus move it around to see if that does anything

kn0x47

Reaction score
^^his exterior door handle is broke not the interior

OP, it might be useful to take the door panel off the rear passenger door to see where things are

PHAT97EX

Reaction score
I had this happen to two of my friends cars and this is what I did:
From inside door handle remove screw and slide plastic piece thats behind the handle forward. This will allow you to pull plastic piece off. Then take a pair of needle nose pliers and grip the metal rod that attaches to the chrome handle,hold tight, and pull forward towards front of car-NOT TOWARDS YOU! Not too hard, but a decent tug and while you do this lean/push on the door. Door should open and then switch child safety lock off(may need to remove rubber cover and tug a little bit). Afterwards just put everything back together. I've done this same method on three doors so far and it worked everytime. Hope this helps!

jdmcg3

Reaction score
i kinda just had the same problem.. driver door wouldnt open.. inside or outside. what you gotta do to get the door panel off is take a pry bar and wedge in in there. and pop that b!tch out.. you might break a clip or two (i didnt, but just to give you a fair warning) it should come off. then get in there and do what you need to, to open the door

Back