SEROUIS grime on alloy rims.. Will not come off.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Didn't see the pic but the first thing I would do is:

Spray a can of air duster "upside down" to freeze the gunk,

Yank it off w/ a glove on your hand, or w/ a reliable tool you may have.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Read my DIY for polishing the wheels.

But you should be good with 1000-1200grit paper and just primer and paint the wheels. If the wheels are in rough shape start with 200grit and work your way up. If it isn't so bad 600grit should be fine to remove the clear coat.

Juicy555

Reaction score
Lol I didn't have any of the air in a car stuff to do that but I used heat. If I held it their for a minute it would melt off but only a TINY BIT that it was concentrated on. Also I figured that's not smart to do around a tire....

I will try sanding it soon.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
that needs a full refinishing. you'd be better off just getting a new wheel, it'll never match the other ones on your car unless you take it somewhere to get the face machined, since that's how they came. and at that point, that's a huge waste of money on an oem wheel. i'm sure you can find one on ebay.

if you want to paint them white, sanding will work, but you'd have to start off with a heavy grit and work down to something fine, so you won't see the scratches through the paint. i'm not really for painting oem wheels though, especially smaller ones...they just never look right and end up looking cheap. that's also still a lot of work for a whole bunch of nothing as well.

Last edited:

Juicy555

Reaction score
How much you reckon a good pair of wheels will run me lol... Im going to the junkyard anyway tomorrow and maybe will find some in better shape ,you never know

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i'm not sure about a set or pair, but i have seen single wheels for sale on ebay. you could also just get a decent condition wheel from a salvage yard for cheap if you're dead set on painting them. that wheel you have would just take a lot of work to even just paint haha, i wouldn't want to do all that hand sanding :lawl:

Juicy555

Reaction score
I just ignored it and painted my wheels anyway. Can't really tell unless you stare at it closely

Back