Severely Corroded Battery terminals, how do i prevent this???

chomorro21

Reaction score
I did the DIY ground install with all new terminals etc etc. Well only baout five months later my Positive terminals is badly correded. I will have to get another terminal.....Anyways how do you guys prevent this?? There has to be a way, is it my battery? I will post a pic later.:thumbsup:

whitey2kaccord

Reaction score
Whenever my terminals get dirty, I pour a little cola on it and it gets rid of the corrosion. Autozone also carries little brillo pad things that go onto the terminal to prevent corrosion.

dynasty

Reaction score
you can't really prevent it from corrosion. well, the only thing is, if you have a sub+amp, take it out and it should stop it. basically because you use too much energy from the battery. but to clean it, i use baking soda and water mixed together and use a tooth brush and clean it off. make sure you put the whole terminal out because there's corrosion under it.

Roadrage

Reaction score
actually there is a way you can prevent it....its called automotive grease...or in the terms of the military mechanics GAA. They also have caps at Advance auto. but I really suggest the automotive grease route..after cleaning them off from corriosion.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can use grease or there is a coating you can spray on them to prevent that from happening. I put vaseline on mine (leave the jokes out) and haven't had any corrosion since.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yea, its entirely preventable. theirs a grease they make for this, you just put it on the battery terminals, then put the plug on and put a little on the plug and youre good to go.

blindside

Reaction score
And in case it gets dirty again in the future, pour in some HOT water on the terminals and you should be good

f23accord2000

Reaction score
they carry 2 cans of spray one gets rid of the corrosion and one prevents it from coming back i get them for free from my work :) i have never had this problem you a metal brush to take it off(the corrsion and then spray it withthe sealer

Back