Sh*t Happened my tranny died

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
huh? i remember a thread about one of his buddies has an interceptor.... but eh oh well :lolrun:

jbisselwhiteac6

Reaction score
well actually i do blame myself but what do i expect its like one of my first cars that I occasionally think is fast. Im young its just a phase to race

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
On topic again guys?

I have considered this same dilemma many times for if/WHEN it happens to me.

It's really hard to say. Sometimes I think just selling the car before it goes out for 7-8k and then using another 5-7k to buy a better car would be better than holding onto it and spending that 5k just to get a 6MT when it dies.

But then again I do love this car, and simply being a part of this community is one reason I don't wanna get a different car too.

So for you, are you planning on really keeping this car long-term or do you think this car is an early stepping stone for you? If that's the case, you GOTTA replace it with another AT. If you think you love it and want to hold on to it for a long time, then consider putting up a lil more money to do the 6spd swap, but think about whether or not you really want to drive around a manual every time you get in your car. It may seem like a silly question, but for a lot of people, it sounds great at the time, until they have a manual tranny and then they get sick of shifting all the time. especially if you find yourself in a lot of traffic often.

Consider the big picture. That's all.

jbisselwhiteac6

Reaction score
On topic again guys?

I have considered this same dilemma many times for if/WHEN it happens to me.

It's really hard to say. Sometimes I think just selling the car before it goes out for 7-8k and then using another 5-7k to buy a better car would be better than holding onto it and spending that 5k just to get a 6MT when it dies.

But then again I do love this car, and simply being a part of this community is one reason I don't wanna get a different car too.

So for you, are you planning on really keeping this car long-term or do you think this car is an early stepping stone for you? If that's the case, you GOTTA replace it with another AT. If you think you love it and want to hold on to it for a long time, then consider putting up a lil more money to do the 6spd swap, but think about whether or not you really want to drive around a manual every time you get in your car. It may seem like a silly question, but for a lot of people, it sounds great at the time, until they have a manual tranny and then they get sick of shifting all the time. especially if you find yourself in a lot of traffic often.

Consider the big picture. That's all.

Well that is exactly what i have been thinking about since i bought the car. Its so hard to choose because i drive 350z in six speed and nissan sentra SERs and 240sx at work and they all inspire me to want a standard. I love the standard transmission but I also realize if something happens to it i will never get what i put into the car back. That makes me want something that already has it like a cl type s but im still thinking about it.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Stay on topic guys.

But that is a good point.
It depends upon how long you plan to keep the car.
If you plan to keep it over two years, then I'd say fo and fix it. Go for a swap or repair the existing one.
If not.
Cut your losses and start parting out and get anothe rride

truonghthe

Reaction score
Now its clear you have two options.

A) sell the car for some $$ and do that as down payment for a new car (whatever car you like)

B) at least replace the AT so your car can move now and save money for a 6spd swap.

Back