Shake/rotor warping issues

ferron

Reaction score
So my car seems to keep warping rotors even though I dont ride them or make high speed stops. Also I have a constant shake it seems to be around 55-60mph but sometimes appears at lower speeds just put back on stock wheels and new tires. It also did it when I had the old ones on, so I'm not thinking it's a wheel problem, also just got an alignment. Any suggestions?

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
does it vibrate while accelerating? it could be your inner cv joints. check for ripped boots.

ferron

Reaction score
does it vibrate while accelerating? it could be your inner cv joints. check for ripped boots.

just had it in the air and everything seemed to be good. Sometimes it does under acceleration. I cant seem to tell with hard acceleration. I will say if i drive it and its cold it seems shake the whole time until it warms up.

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
are they autozone rotors or are they aftermarket brembo blanks or what? and your rotors are for sure warped? and you know for a fact its not your brake pads doing the damage? your knuckles warped?

turbo_911

Reaction score
Wait, do you get vibration when you brake from 55-60mph on highway or just cruising?

I don't think that's your rotors, like RackedOut said do check all your joints. Put it in the air and try to wiggle around wheels see if anything is moving.

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
I had a shaking issue on the gf's Camry. It would vibrate under load or from a stop. I completely removed the front brakes and freshened them up. It later turned out it was the cv axle lol. I'm not saying that's going to be your problem but start with the easy/cheap fixes first.

ferron

Reaction score
are they autozone rotors or are they aftermarket brembo blanks or what? and your rotors are for sure warped? and you know for a fact its not your brake pads doing the damage? your knuckles warped?

They actually are autozone duralast rotors. And i have the autozone cmax pads on them. I had to put new brake calipers on because it was dragging so bad it made on side almost 300 degrees hotter than the other. I don't seem to have any play in the wheels themselves.

jwong512

Reaction score
Might be your wheel bearing going out? Did you compress the caliper piston before putting the brakes back on. If not, it could be riding the brakes 24/7.

ferron

Reaction score
Might be your wheel bearing going out? Did you compress the caliper piston before putting the brakes back on. If not, it could be riding the brakes 24/7.

replaced bearings already and i did compress the caliper you have too with new pads.

Back