short vid, crappy quality :)

changaroo

Reaction score
Been getting a lot of PM's lately asking about my build / members own builds... but I've been really busy with school, so pardon the slow responses. Trying to help out when I can.

I never made a build thread because it was build for myself to see if i could do it, not trying to gain e-fame.
But for the record, the car is running flawlessly and has been for the last 2500 miles :)

Anyhow, I took my car out the other day and recorded a short vid.

Soo here it is... quality sucks, 0-85mph uphill run.

no launching
no redlining
&
granny shifting because i dont wanna break anything :puke:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY7HcYEro60

heres an old pic or two...
changarooj35complete.jpg

j35holla.jpg

:)

Last edited:

changaroo

Reaction score
also, there seems to be some sort of j35 hype going on in this forum.

let me say, a j32 type-s 6 speed swap is MORE than enough, especially when you are coming from a j30 auto.

yes, the j35 makes more power, and yes it sounds cooler than saying i have a j32, but in reality the j32 has MUCH more drivability than the j35 does, not to mention its less work on your end and easier on your wallet. as much fun as it is to not have traction, babying first and 2nd gear gets old after a while.

but thats just my opinion :)

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
I thank you for your oppinion. I have been battling back and forth with this and I want all!! 3.2 definitely seems like it would have more driveablity. I am pretty sure you had a S/C 3.5 at one point right?

Photography is sick and OEM lip looks sick also. What wheel setup you runing? Saleens?

turbo_911

Reaction score
That looked pretty fast to me. Nice job on the build, which is like 3rd or 4th for you?

Want more videos though :)

changaroo

Reaction score
I'll try to borrow a go-pro or someones dslr that can record vid...

It seems like my car has been through a lot of builds but it really hasn't. The motor build took the longest since I was taking my time. I wouldn't have been able to do it without moneypit or 99cfenvy... and the countless of other people I've PM'd... wheelman helped a lot too! But mostly reading forums / asking stupid questions goes a long ways.

car timeline:
j30 auto -> j30 6 spd -> j30 hydrolock :hahano: -> j35

Accordman722

Reaction score
Love the pics man! Yes there is a lot of people "saying" they are gonna do the swap. im the one thats actually gonna do it lol I know a j32 would be better but im wanting something unique, an i4 to a j35. Matt says its best "Make your car, YOUR car ... try something different..." love that! thanks matt! lol

JordanFleenor

Reaction score
Matt's quote is famous now lol :D

Love the car and pictures. You keep us wanting more ha!
Great video of the run and thank you for the update bro!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this, Eric. When I was doing my swap with Rich, he had a J35 sitting there and we talked about it for a bit, but I'm glad I went with the 3.2. Your car sounds so great though, nice work!

What did you do to give the IM clearance?

Btw I wasn't trying to obtain e-fame with my build thread lol, I just felt enticed to share it with those who I have gotten to know on this forum on a more personal level. I'm glad I did because I got important feedback on things I wouldn't have known otherwise. But I know you're more of a DIY man than myself when it comes to motor work. :)

Last edited:
Back