Snoobly's 5 speed swap!

Snoobly

Reaction score
^You have some great info! thanks for all your help so far! :beer:

Now, i got my intermediate shaft, but not the three bolts. Is there any reason the ones holding the automatic Tranny intermediate shaft won't work?

Last edited:

Frisky Arab

Reaction score
LOL start saving. its really not terribly expensive. its just my location that makes it difficult to find some of the parts i need... :/ but its still coming together great!

Would love to, sadly I have no money, nowhere to get parts from for cheap( not that any of this stuff is cheap, but discounted parts would be nice =] ), and I haven't got the know-how to do it. From what i've heard unless you know a person at a shop who says they will do it for you, a regular transmission shop won't even take it.

Snoobly

Reaction score
SWAP IS COMPLETE!!!!! just have to wire up speedo and vtec! already drivin it, and like you guys said, im in love again! <3

Snoobly

Reaction score
i bought a lot of them new, so altogether a little under $1000. if you got everything used, you could probably do it for around $500 though.

Nick1130

Reaction score
i bought a lot of them new, so altogether a little under $1000. if you got everything used, you could probably do it for around $500 though.

i was just wondering if you need to swap your stock motor/engine to be able to do a tranny swap?

Snoobly

Reaction score
nope. not unless you want to switch to an H series, which will hike up the price, a lot. Check out these links. they will tell you almost everything you need to know about the swap.
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?p=236629
this is a DIY of the swap. if you read through this whole thread, youll be amazed at what you learn.
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?p=374185
these are all the parts you will need for the swap and what is compatible from other generations/cars.
keep in mind all this is info for an F series. none of this applies the the J seriers(v6)

Nick1130

Reaction score
oh damn thanks. so did you pretty much buy your parts from the site that badger gave? also i have no idea what kind of F series is my engine :ugh:

Snoobly

Reaction score
no, i collected parts over the course of about 4 months. i bought several parts from badger, but then i drove a few hours to a junkyard and picked up a tranny and several other parts, and then i bought several parts brand new from various online stores. i went to my local dealer for all the little bolts though. if you have just the LEV then you have an F23a1. ULEV is F23a4. that doesnt really matter though except for choosing your ECU. Most F and H series match up without much custom work.

Nick1130

Reaction score
i see, thanks , im planning to collect all the parts this summer, and just bring it to a shop for the swap .

Back