Snoobly's 5 speed swap!

Snoobly

Reaction score
Bleh im jelous. I want a 5-speed:furious:

LOL start saving. its really not terribly expensive. its just my location that makes it difficult to find some of the parts i need... :/ but its still coming together great!

redlinevtec

Reaction score
well installed clutch pedal/master cylinder and the resevoir last night. cleaned up the transmission yesterday too since it was a big chunk of grease and dirt. now its shiny <3
101_3695.jpg

101_3694.jpg

101_3696.jpg

101_3701.jpg

Also i have almost everything to swap. Waiting for axle to arrive and the intermediate shaft (also called the Jack Shaft?) i hope to go down to the junk yard and get on monday. and then i just need clutch lines and a couple bolts and then i'll be ready to swap! :D

Lol, why does everyone mount their clutch pedal crooked or off. Once you have your 5spd, it's going to be a complete different car! You will fall in love with your car all over again. It's the best thing ever!

Snoobly

Reaction score
Lol, why does everyone mount their clutch pedal crooked or off. Once you have your 5spd, it's going to be a complete different car! You will fall in love with your car all over again. It's the best thing ever!

Lol i know, i fixed it a little bit. its almost perfectly straight now. I know dude, im so excited! haha

BkzTafetta

Reaction score

you think thats crooked lol?! you should see mine...i couldnt find a 6th gen pedal anywhere....first i used a 5th gen and it broke on me im guessing cuz of my stage 4 clutch and its oldness and now im using a 99 CL pedal....which also feels like its about to break and doesnt mount straight at all...i had to put a spacer on one of the nuts to angle it dats how bad it is.....you pedal lookz lik it came from factory lol

SxyRed6gen

Reaction score
"Alright so I have the bracket bolts and I already know I need to tap the holes.
Now, you say I don't need the dampner? So just run the line straight from the master cylinder to the slave cylinder? And I can just use a brake line, it doesn't require a special clutch line or anything?"

Right, there is no dampener at all on a 6gen. It's simply a line straight from the master to the slave, and if you have trouble finding one you may just have to have a custom ss line made to the correct length. There are 2 types of master/slave designs though that'll make it more difficult.

>One design has threaded inputs on the master and slave to accept the clutch line that was in the 98-00 models I believe.

>The other uses a pin type retainer to lock in the line on both the master and slave side for the 01-02 models.

On both designs you will have to use all matching components ie: 98-00 line/master/slave that all use threaded connections, or 01-02 line/master/slave that use NO threaded connections. However I've heard the 98-00 design was discontinued which will make it more difficult to find the right components.
If its not raining much I'll try to snap some pics of what Im talking about tomorrow to show you what you're dealing with.

redlinevtec

Reaction score
you think thats crooked lol?! you should see mine...i couldnt find a 6th gen pedal anywhere....first i used a 5th gen and it broke on me im guessing cuz of my stage 4 clutch and its oldness and now im using a 99 CL pedal....which also feels like its about to break and doesnt mount straight at all...i had to put a spacer on one of the nuts to angle it dats how bad it is.....you pedal lookz lik it came from factory lol

His pedal looks factory? lol. Here is a decent picture of my 5spd swap pedal. Picture is kind $hitty. I'll take a better one tomorrow.

Last edited:

Snoobly

Reaction score
"Alright so I have the bracket bolts and I already know I need to tap the holes.
Now, you say I don't need the dampner? So just run the line straight from the master cylinder to the slave cylinder? And I can just use a brake line, it doesn't require a special clutch line or anything?"

Right, there is no dampener at all on a 6gen. It's simply a line straight from the master to the slave, and if you have trouble finding one you may just have to have a custom ss line made to the correct length. There are 2 types of master/slave designs though that'll make it more difficult.

>One design has threaded inputs on the master and slave to accept the clutch line that was in the 98-00 models I believe.

>The other uses a pin type retainer to lock in the line on both the master and slave side for the 01-02 models.

On both designs you will have to use all matching components ie: 98-00 line/master/slave that all use threaded connections, or 01-02 line/master/slave that use NO threaded connections. However I've heard the 98-00 design was discontinued which will make it more difficult to find the right components.
If its not raining much I'll try to snap some pics of what Im talking about tomorrow to show you what you're dealing with.

Alright that's all awesome info. But I have the F22 out of a 1993 accord. The slave and master cylinder are also out of that car. The slave cylinder came with the damper attached. Don't you think I should leave the damper on since that's how that system was supposed to be ran?

SxyRed6gen

Reaction score
6genslavebracketmountin.jpg
[/URL]
6genbracket2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
6genbracketmounted3.jpg
[/URL]
6gen01029800slaveinput4.jpg
[/URL]
6gen0102slaveline5.jpg
[/URL]
6gentopviewslavebracket.jpg
[/URL]
6gen01029800masterinput.jpg
[/URL]
These are the threaded holes used to mount the trans in a 6gen CG accord, and bb1 prelude. The CB accord doesnt use these mounting points
bb1f22trans8.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited:

SxyRed6gen

Reaction score
You can see how the 6gen accord doesnt use a dampener in the line at all. Its really only useful for smoother clutch engagement but not ideal for someone that does spirited driving often.

Back