So about that carbon fiber...

frantz954

Reaction score
my wife has my camera right now, tonight once the sun goes away and i dont have to use a phone i will get better pictures.:D

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Nice work, I know this stuff is a ***** to work with. I wouldn't even attempt it, I'd get annoyed too easily, lol.

Thought about doing the vent surrounds? Might be too much, I don't know.

Bax

Reaction score
I really like how the center console looks. :)

frantz954

Reaction score
Vents are next. I ran out of clear resin so I have to wait. Trying to tie up all my loose ends before going further. Still have to get the shifter put back to normal, reupholster the rear deck, get the center vents back in, yada yada. Probably another week or so before I even order the resin.

Brad2274

Reaction score
theres a guy on here that was selling already wrapped vents, didnt seem like they took to much work

frantz954

Reaction score
theres a guy on here that was selling already wrapped vents, didnt seem like they took to much work

trust me they take work. i saw his, they werent bad. werent totally straight but not bad. my stuff isnt 100% either but im happy with it so far. i have done plenty of work with fiberglass and resin, bondo, all that crap, this is by far the most tedious material i have worked with.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
99cfenvy, yes, he is selling the vents, but I am sure, OP, you would rather have the satisfaction of doing your own work.

Madelinot169

Reaction score
I'd like to see a DIY on this, I'd like to do that to my car too. If so can you provide as much info as possible? Im a noob with carbon fiber, but my dad knows all about fiberglass and resin and all that. It must be somewhat the same process right? So you'd need carbon fiber cloth? And whats the K sizing I see on the internet and the weave pattern plain and twill? Could someone give me the details on all this. Would be greatly appreciated.

frantz954

Reaction score
I'd like to see a DIY on this, I'd like to do that to my car too. If so can you provide as much info as possible? Im a noob with carbon fiber, but my dad knows all about fiberglass and resin and all that. It must be somewhat the same process right? So you'd need carbon fiber cloth? And whats the K sizing I see on the internet and the weave pattern plain and twill? Could someone give me the details on all this. Would be greatly appreciated.

i dont know much on the specs of cf. since im only wrapping parts the k sizing didnt really matter, the pattern would be more of a concern. a plain weave is what i have. twill is another variation. i woudnt really say its the same as working with glass. its more tempermental. you need a base resin and clear resin which is basically an epoxy. diy? maybe soon.

Back