so i ran over something on the freeway today

99accord boi

Reaction score
hey so this morning on my way to school i was on the freeway in the far right lane and in the middle of the lane there was this red object that looked like a fire extinguisher i know for a fact it was made of metal
the point is i couldn't avoid it cuz there was a semi next to me so wen i hit it i dragged the object for a good 500 ft and wen i got to school i looked under my car and there was a biig dent on my down pipe

so heres my question since i live in cali can i call carltrans to fix the damages on my car ? a freind told me i should look into it or am i wasting my time?

ill take some pics later today to show u guys the extent of the damages
thanks
EDIT HERES A PIC

IMG_0228.jpg

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0232.jpg

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I don't know that I've ever seen a downpipe that wasn't dented tbh. If it's not ruptured or bent severely I wouldn't worry about it.

JediYuhdigg

Reaction score
from my experience with them, you must have some kind of proof. it helps if it were in a construction zone otherwise they told me that i should have been traveling at safe and reasonable speed and distance to be able to avoid it. basically, they'll look for an excuse to blame it on you, but theres no harm in trying.

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
It'll be a waste of time. If it flew off of someone's car and never touched the ground you should be eligible for reimbursement for any damages, however since it was on the ground it's in 'no-mans-land' if you will. You're not going to get anything for the dented piping.

And consider yourself lucky. If that happened to me there would be far worse damage than just dented headers.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
pothole cases may stand a chance since u have proof (the pothole).... your case has no proof....

Chris Vu

Reaction score
So if I hit a pothole, and .. iono .. wrecked my suspension, then they would fix it ??

A little OT, but has anyone been on the 71 south heading towards the 91 ?? they have these stupid little .. ramps or something .. I bottom out on them EVERY DAY .. would caltrans fix that ?? haha.

They're like /------\ in the middle of the freeway ..

99accord boi

Reaction score
oh well
the dent is pretty big and deep
ill take some pics in a bit i just got home

lol i think this is karma for making fun of kevin for running over the dead possum :doh:
im just really happy i wasnt at my normal ride height or else this wouldve been much worse

redlinevtec

Reaction score
that sucks man. you can have my oem downpipe if you want. it's yours. i'm not gonna try and make a buck off a friend. sometimes its good to be low. but I can't imagine this scenario for myself. :wtf1:

Back