So my Tranny Finally Gave Up

ZsleepizeZ

Reaction score
Installing the other components really doesn't take that much extra time, maybe a day extra at the most.

its not really about the installation time.
its the time that it requires to find all the parts
and the the cost

BkzTafetta

Reaction score
dats a fact.....so ive got the car runnin....pressed clutch put in 1st...released clutch and car didnt stall..stayed runnin as if it was on neutral...then the shop noticed i didnt have the drivers side axle on....could this b cuz the drivers side axle wasnt on?

ALX2987

Reaction score
My tranny blew yesterday and i want to do the swap to 5 speed. I have an 02 cyl coupe, AT at the moment. I will not be doing the swap myself, im going to take it to a transmission guy that replaced the trans in my grand cherokee. I spoke with him today about it and he said he could do it no prob. My question is this....

"Your gonna need brake and clutch pedals and clutch master cyl and hydro lines.
Drivers side manual axle
Manual starter
Manual ECU (Need to program your keys to that ECU by a locksmith)

F22,F23 and H22 transmission will work."

is this all you need for the full swap, and everything will work? speedo, vtec, reverse lights ect?

Erik123456789

Reaction score
^^ shift linkage, clutch, flywheel, fluid (lol), and im not sure if this is true for the accords.. BUT i did an auto to manual conversion for a civic and the automatic's brake pedal was huge as **** so i would always accidently step on both the clutch and the brake at the same time until i replaced it with the manual brake pedal lol

ALX2987

Reaction score
H23 tranny
Slave Cylander
stock clutch
stock pressure plate
Manual ecu
Shift Linkage
Shift boot
Master Cylander (35)
Gear Box (35)
Clutch Pedal (25)
Clutch line (30)
Shift knob (10)
Manual axles (75)
Short throw shifter (75)
Starter

im assuming this is the list? Got it from you BadgerType, another quick question, if you put a prelude trans in, you still use the accord MT ecu right? and also, i have an 02, will any 98-02 mt ecu work properly? i really appreciate all the help

Back