Softball

Raymond

Reaction score
Let me know what you guys think, this was my second time shooting a game...

3384298142_b8b15326a8_o.jpg

3384298158_d91fc962f1_o.jpg

3384298190_c14d6914ee_o.jpg

3383485545_e50a6bd726_o.jpg

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
The pics look great man.

It would be cool to get one of the ball making contact with the bat, but that would probably be pretty difficult to get the timing down.

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
Were you trying to be artsy or actually shoot the game? The vignetting is a little iffy if you are trying to get action shots. The action wasnt totally stopped in the pictures, but your shutter speed wasnt slow enough to give you a good motion blur, you are kind of caught somewhere in the middle. With the vignetting, it almost has a claustrophobic kind of feel, like the black is taking over, and makes the pictures a little bit too dark. If you look at the one picture without it, you can see that it is much brighter and vibrant.

Sorry for being so critical, on a lighter note, they are all pretty damn sharp, which lens did you use? Nifty two-fifty?

Raymond

Reaction score
Were you trying to be artsy or actually shoot the game? The vignetting is a little iffy if you are trying to get action shots. The action wasnt totally stopped in the pictures, but your shutter speed wasnt slow enough to give you a good motion blur, you are kind of caught somewhere in the middle. With the vignetting, it almost has a claustrophobic kind of feel, like the black is taking over, and makes the pictures a little bit too dark. If you look at the one picture without it, you can see that it is much brighter and vibrant.

Sorry for being so critical, on a lighter note, they are all pretty damn sharp, which lens did you use? Nifty two-fifty?

I was just there taking pictures, haha. It was 100% sunny that day, and all the pictures showed it. They were flat and bright, so I added a decent amount of color/contrast in Lightroom. The vignette I was iffy on. I like it on the close-up shot of the goaly, but not sure on the others. I've been more playing around with Lightroom than anything because I just got it.

But no need to apologize, I like c/c. :D

EDIT: And I was using my EF 55-200 4/5.6 that I got for $50, hehe

Back