Solved but read for a laugh: Manual clutch master cyl issue

changaroo

Reaction score
it ripped because you probably didnt reinforce your clutch pedal when you did the swap. was the clutch only held on by the master cylinder spots? you need to reinforce the top of it also.

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
unless someone can show me an oem 5spd with the clutch pedal bolted at the top to something, i would be stuck on where to mount it. i never saw one mounted in the junkyard. i was gonna make a bracket similar to Stinker504, make a mount for the deal pedal to the top, but never got around to it

CHID0

Reaction score
I think my clutch pedal is about to rip. I let a chick drive my car on Sunday and when i got into it this morning i had to muscle the pedal damn near through the floor to get it in gear. Then i checked the pedal and noticed it was teh bracket that was bending down....Did you find a way to keep it from happening again?

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
I think my clutch pedal is about to rip. I let a chick drive my car on Sunday and when i got into it this morning i had to muscle the pedal damn near through the floor to get it in gear. Then i checked the pedal and noticed it was teh bracket that was bending down....Did you find a way to keep it from happening again?

i cant say i found a way to prevent it. i think i should suggest to others doing this swap though to put the spacers on the engine firewall side.

the fix i found was a good welder.

CHID0

Reaction score
If you put the spacers on the firewall side the gasket won't be able to keep water out....

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
**** this ****

****ing **** ripped again. next week i am going to build a better bracket to support this pedal. now i got to find a welder in this town

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
well, i welded my old one, so it was already compromised.

i just need to figure out a new setup

Back