Soon to be 6th Gen Accord owner in NC

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Well, I found out this evening that my mom was driving the car today and ended up in a little fender bender. The air bags didn't deploy, she's fine and the car only took some damage to the hood, bumper, drivers fender and the drivers headlight. I'm just glad she wasn't hurt in the accident.

They found a great body shop and they will use all OEM Honda parts for the repair, and they guaranteed the paint would match or they will repaint the entire car. The shop owner saw how great a condition this car was in other than the bumped up area and how low the miles are and said he will make sure it is in even better condition than before the accident. He even assured them that all gap clearances will be perfect as well.

He is also going to repair some paint flaws on other areas of the car (chips, scratches, etc), and is also going to paint the black rocker panels to match the car for an extra $100.:thumbsup: I requested if they could paint the rockers while it's there.

He said they will feather in any area that may have had paint damage on the inside of the engine area as well.

She was real upset about wrecking the car since I am so excited to get it from them, but I told her it sounds like the damage is minor, they found a good shop and it sounds like they will take good care in fixing it correctly. They are also going to replace the hood, bumper, fender, headlight, and even the hood latch instead of trying to reuse those items.

Glad your moms ok! Sorry to hear about the car but sounds like the car is in great hands now. Good luck!

GreddyAccord99

Reaction score
awesome deal! especially after the damages. sounds like you'll take care of this beauty. see if they can paint the side skirts for you too, lol. with only 37,000 miles on it, Id boost it!

Kville02Accord

Reaction score
awesome deal! especially after the damages. sounds like you'll take care of this beauty. see if they can paint the side skirts for you too, lol. with only 37,000 miles on it, Id boost it!

They found a great body shop and they will use all OEM Honda parts for the repair, and they guaranteed the paint would match or they will repaint the entire car. The shop owner saw how great a condition this car was in other than the bumped up area and how low the miles are and said he will make sure it is in even better condition than before the accident. He even assured them that all gap clearances will be perfect as well.

He is also going to repair some paint flaws on other areas of the car (chips, scratches, etc), and is also going to paint the black rocker panels to match the car for an extra $100.:thumbsup: I requested if they could paint the rockers while it's there.

:thumbsup:

I was actually already planning on having a guy near me paint the rockers but he said he couldn't guarantee the color would match. With this body shop in Montana saying they will match the paint I would rather them just go ahead and paint the rockers.

Last edited:

Kville02Accord

Reaction score
Well the body shop said it will be closer to $300 to paint the rocker panels, so they will not be painted now. I can get new EX rockers already painted for $245 locally.

My parents said they will be heading to NC in about 3-4 weeks. Can't wait to get it. I am working on getting my current corolla ready to sale.

Kville02Accord

Reaction score
My parents got the car back today from the body shop. My parents say they did an excellent job and my Mom looked it over very closely. So close in fact that she brought a cloth measuring tape and measured the gap spacing of the hood and fenders. Now I really can't wait to get the car. They leave MT on Oct 8th and should be in NC on Oct 11.

Oh yeah, another Honda may be in the future too. My wife okay'd me to get a CRX sometime in the middle of next year to setup for auto crossing. Should be able to get a car and set it up for about 5-6k. Going to look for one that's been fairly unmolested.

Here's some pics of the Accord from this afternoon. The front passenger side is what got the damage (sorry no wreck pictures were taken).

NewlittleHonda005.jpg

NewlittleHonda010.jpg

Johnson

Reaction score
looks good. he didnt happen to paint the bottom left and right "grill". did he?

idriveanaccord

Reaction score
welcome to 6GA! have any wuestion i can try and answer them as far as suspension goes. and matt (juicebox00) can tell you how to DIY black housed headlights. He knows so much about these cars just ask him ahahah

Back