sPeCiaL eD's 2002 Accord Sedan SE ***Updated 12/11*** (No 56K)

sPeCiaL eD

Reaction score
Updates

DIY Blackout Headlights

DIY Taillight Tint

Windows Tinted

F2 Type I coilovers
***Had 'em in for a couple days now and am noticing what seems like knocking occasionally from the engine now? Weird... Also, is it more important when installing the coilovers that the coilovers themselves are the same length, or height of the vehicle is the same? I adjusted them to the same length but notice measuring each side from ground to fender is off by 1/4" or so... :(

Working on 98-00 Coupe front end conversion...
***This brought some of it's own pains. I wanted to maybe put some of my experiences on an old post to help anyone who searched for it but am afraid to bump an old post and get "virtually" yelled at... What's proper form for me to do???

And lastly, a huge THANK YOU to all on this site. There is NO F'ING way I could have done any of this without everyone's info.

***************THANK YOU!!!!!!***************

Last edited:

001Stunna

Reaction score
***Had 'em in for a couple days now and am noticing what seems like knocking occasionally from the engine now? Weird... Also, is it more important when installing the coilovers that the coilovers themselves are the same length, or height of the vehicle is the same? I adjusted them to the same length but notice measuring each side from ground to fender is off by 1/4" or so...

Make the car the same height, ie. fronts are the same and the rears are the same(inner fender lip to ground). You can either make it even all around, or make the rear half a cm higher(my preferred choice). When you measure make sure it is on level ground.

As for the clunk you hear...did you tighten all the bolts appropriately?
did you make sure the preload on the spring was correct/did you try adjusting it?
did you lock all the collars appropriately?
How low did you set the car?

Working on 98-00 Coupe front end conversion...
***This brought some of it's own pains. I wanted to maybe put some of my experiences on an old post to help anyone who searched for it but am afraid to bump an old post and get "virtually" yelled at... What's proper form for me to do???
Not 100% sure but i believe you need hood, front bumper...i'd like to say fenders as well but someone please chime in if that is correct

Last edited:
Back