Spyder Halo Projector Headlights (HID use?)

Souryu

Reaction score
Heya 6ga,

I had a question about these spyder project headlights: http://www.carid.com/2002-honda-accord-headlights/spyder-projector-headlights-25510450.html and I was wondering if it would be alright to put HIDs in them.

I've been searching the forum for the past half hour, reading topics on putting HIDs in a halogen projector housing, and I've heard/seen mixed opinions. Some users here have these headlights and decided to put in HIDs and they love them, but other users say that if you put HIDs in a halogen projector housing, that the light beam looks terrible.

So, does anyone use these particular headlights with HIDs? And if so, do you have a picture of how the beam looks?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i've always heard that those headlights were trash and that the TYC projector headlight is the better one you can get.

f23.Tetsusaiga

Reaction score
I have those same headlights but in a different color. You can put hid's in them you just have to make sure they are the correct bulb type, h1 I believe. The fitment is decent, so far no problems with water. I can post a pic today to show you what I mean.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Take that money and retrofit some OEM headlights, and you'll have much higher quality headlights and better output in the end.

phi1542

Reaction score
Take that money and retrofit some OEM headlights, and you'll have much higher quality headlights and better output in the end.

+1 Retrofit is the best way to go. Cutoff is amazing! You can see everything and the lighting is so much better. My girlfriend has a pair of halo projectors on her car off ebay her dad put in and its terrible. When I drive her car I cant see jack $h!t lol

Souryu

Reaction score
I have those same headlights but in a different color. You can put hid's in them you just have to make sure they are the correct bulb type, h1 I believe. The fitment is decent, so far no problems with water. I can post a pic today to show you what I mean.

That would absolutely be great if you could show me what it looks like, I'm still debating on what I should do. I wanted to retrofit for a little while but it seems pretty difficult from the videos i've seen online but I might go to the junkyard and get an extra set of headlights and just try it on those. Not sure yet, depends on what your picture looks like and if the HIDs don't have bad hot spots.
Conversely I could get some Sylvania ZxE lights from my job that are really bright white (non HID) and just use them in the projector housing

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
If I can put together a set of these, then anyone can do it. Output is amazing, even with tinted lenses.

Go retrofit. You will not regret it

11947901_10152985183832714_2244869263540316705_o.jpg

Souryu

Reaction score
If I can put together a set of these, then anyone can do it. Output is amazing, even with tinted lenses.

Go retrofit. You will not regret it

11947901_10152985183832714_2244869263540316705_o.jpg

I guess I'm just going to have to then haha.

What set up do you have (hid kit, retrofit kit, and whatever else is relevant)? I want a black housing for my headlights but not tinted lenses.

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
I guess I'm just going to have to then haha.

What set up do you have (hid kit, retrofit kit, and whatever else is relevant)? I want a black housing for my headlights but not tinted lenses.

I have Morimoto H1 Mini's with Gatling Gun V1 shrouds, with 6000K bulbs. HID Kit is Morimoto also.

Back