Spyder Halo Projector Headlights (HID use?)

Souryu

Reaction score
I have Morimoto H1 Mini's with Gatling Gun V1 shrouds, with 6000K bulbs. HID Kit is Morimoto also.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get them?

Also @f23.Tetsusaiga, would you still be willing to take a picture of what your projectors look like at night, just so I could see?

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking, where did you get them?

Also @f23.Tetsusaiga, would you still be willing to take a picture of what your projectors look like at night, just so I could see?

I purchased all of this stuff from theretrofitsource.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Souryu

Reaction score
I purchased all of this stuff from theretrofitsource.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah I see, thank you. I bookmarked it so when I get the money, I'll invest in them. Also, do you have any pictures of how your HID and retrofit looks at night?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i had the same projectors in the retros i did, they're good for the price. i had a 6000k hid kit in mine and the output was pretty good. they're easy to put in too. when i did mine, i just bought some cheap oem style headlights off ebay and did the retro in them, then just swapped them onto my car once i was done.

the picture at the bottom is the closest picture of them i could find and it's from when i sold them. i had them on for like 3.5 years and never had a problem.

IMG_0484 by 335, on Flickr

IMG_0482 by 335, on Flickr

IMG_2150_zpsouol0dbk.jpg

f23.Tetsusaiga

Reaction score
Hey Souryu,

I'm sorry I'm getting back to you late, I got tied up with school and a pinched nerve.
I took the pictures you asked for. The "night" one was taken in my garage with no lights on but the headlights. While doing this, I discovered a set of halos are out... AGAIN! This is the second time they are out and it was a total pain getting them replaced by spyder the first time, and I bought mine from carid too. Do yourself a favor and definitely take these guys into consideration on retrofitting lol. A lot of guys here speak to their quality, fitment and longevity. I should have researched more before getting them. Needless to say retrofitting is now on my list.
Right now I'm on my phone. My internet at home isn't working. I will be able to upload the pictures once I head to school. Sorry again about that.

Souryu

Reaction score
Hey Souryu,

I'm sorry I'm getting back to you late, I got tied up with school and a pinched nerve.
I took the pictures you asked for. The "night" one was taken in my garage with no lights on but the headlights. While doing this, I discovered a set of halos are out... AGAIN! This is the second time they are out and it was a total pain getting them replaced by spyder the first time, and I bought mine from carid too. Do yourself a favor and definitely take these guys into consideration on retrofitting lol. A lot of guys here speak to their quality, fitment and longevity. I should have researched more before getting them. Needless to say retrofitting is now on my list.
Right now I'm on my phone. My internet at home isn't working. I will be able to upload the pictures once I head to school. Sorry again about that.

Haha it's no problem at all, no need to apologize for something that you're going out of your way to do. I understand. Hopefully that pinched nerve isn't giving you too much trouble. I appreciate the effort though.

I think because of what you just said about the halos, I might actually just retrofit then. What everyone has told me is definitely a testament to the quality of retrofitting, I just thought that I could bypass that and get those projectors that you have but oh well. On a side note they look nice and so does your ride. The beam looks pretty awesome too.

Souryu

Reaction score
i had the same projectors in the retros i did, they're good for the price. i had a 6000k hid kit in mine and the output was pretty good. they're easy to put in too. when i did mine, i just bought some cheap oem style headlights off ebay and did the retro in them, then just swapped them onto my car once i was done.

the picture at the bottom is the closest picture of them i could find and it's from when i sold them. i had them on for like 3.5 years and never had a problem.

Those look pretty awesome, I'm definitely going to take yours and everyone else's advice in this thread and just retrofit lol. Thanks for the input my friend. Now the only question is whether I'm going to black-house my lights or not. My ride is silver so I'm not sure yet...

f23.Tetsusaiga

Reaction score
Cool, cool. Well thanks for the slack, I appreciate it haha. It isn't anymore, a few chiro trips and a massage from my friend helped me bounce back quickly. It's nice to have a friend who's a massage therapist heh.
Yeah, honestly good call. I was bummed to see them out again. Truly it was a struggle to get them replaced the first time. The fitment I could deal with because I really wanted the look of the halos and liked the contrast with my car. But the lights going out makes me want better quality. Retrofitting is next for me. Honestly, I don't regret it because I learned and experienced modifying this car. But I won't make that mistake again. Livin and learning, here for the journey!
:)

Back