SRS Light! Am I in danger?

mitchdunc

Reaction score
I just finished installing my Pioneer AVH-P440BH, and when I started my 2002 honda accord coupe 4 cyl, the SRS light was on! I haven't seen it before! I ran my ipod wire near the SRS control box, and i bumped that little piece of transparent plastic that is over it. Could've that set it off? I also removed the wiring harness that connects the tail lights (the one in the dirvers side fuse box) so I could wire in my reverse signal to the harness. I noticed that when I had the connector unplugged i didn't get the familiar honda "Beep beep beep" when the door is open and the ignition is on ACC. Once I plugged it back in the "beeps" continued beeping again. could've that set off my SRS light?

Also my battery died, but I don't think that would've set it off. I have seen the threads on how to reset the SRS light. Should I go ahead and do that? Or should I have it taken into the dealer to have them check it out? I want to make sure that my car's airbags are safe in the case I would get into an accident.

What would you do?

kevo

Reaction score
Good luck with the air bags deploying mine wasn't on when i was involved in an accident and no air bags. so hey you may not even have to worry :lawl:

xx24xx

Reaction score
Did you disconnect the battery when you installed it?

mitchdunc

Reaction score
I didn't disconnect the battery because I had to find out what wire was the reverse wire on the harness. I unplugged the whole harness that has the red circle on it. It controls all of the tail lights. Does anyone know if it may have the wire for the rear collision detector on it? I may have the SRS computer set a warning because I disconnected this harness and then re-installed it.

IMG_0660.JPG

Sunoveabesh

Reaction score
I'd just reset it and if it turns back on, then it must be a problem and take it in.
I had to do that with mine...Honda wanted to charge me $110 to check what caused the light to go off. :mad: They said the $110 would go towards the repair of the issue.

mitchdunc

Reaction score
So I should just reset myself, and if there is actually a problem, the light will come back on? Is my car still safe to drive with the light on? I'm just really worried about my baby! haha

Jimsun

Reaction score
Should be safe to drive. My SRS light randomly went on and I didn't have the chance to reset it until a month passed. It could be a miss fire who knows =/

doubleclutch

Reaction score
my light was on when i bought my car. i took it to Honda 3 months later cause it was annoying and it was a broken seat belt sensor on the driver side. it was under their safety lifetime warranty and i didnt have to pay for anything. they said it was a "common problem" but i wouldnt have had them fix it if they would have charged me. i dont trust those guys lol

Back