SRS light bulb

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Yes, you're right to an extent. However, I am on a tight time schedule and this car needs to be inspected this month. I can't be screwing around with resetting the SRS light and hope it doesn't come back on before I can make it to the inspection station. Additionally, it makes more sense to go to Honda and have them do it as long as they aren't jerks about my accident from 3 years ago. I go there, they diagnose it, and then tell me what it is and it should be free. I just don't want them to say like, "Oh, you were in an accident. Can't fix that then." I could just lie but I don't know if that's the best idea.

What the hell dude, I took the time and others did a month ago to explain the process to you. If you cant do this, then I dont know what to say.

HERE

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showpost.php?p=533052&postcount=6

Last edited:

Accord281

Reaction score
If something is truly wrong with the system, the light will come back on right away. No waiting. I tried that reset about a year ago and it came back on right away after I did it so I know something is wrong.

My fix for now was to put electrical tape over the hole for the light just behind the gauge face. My bulb was not removable, and yours may not be either. As long as you don't drop the cluster removing it, you won't mess anything up. Just don't bend the circuit board. My D4 light doesn't work at all now.

truWarier02

Reaction score
Honda offers a lifetime warranty anything safety related, also your problem is probably a Seat belt buckle sensor, which is 1 of the 2 related SRS system recall for Honda. If its any of those two problems, its free.

I went in for the airbag recall last week and the guy also kindly checked the SRS light for me free of charge (usually it's $90 for them to check). And after they checked it, it ended up being the seat belt buckle thing that you mentioned. It is covered in the warranty and he ordered the new buckle, or whatever it is, on the same day for me. I still haven't gone back to get it replaced yet but I will soon. So just giving you peeps a heads up to go to the dealers and see if you have the same problem.

Last edited:

DrOwZee

Reaction score
I went in for the airbag recall last week and the guy also kindly checked the SRS light for me free of charge (usually it's $90 for them to check). And after they checked it, it ended up being the seat belt buckle thing that you mentioned. It is covered in the warranty and he ordered the new buckle, or whatever it is, on the same day for me. I still haven't gone back to get it replaced yet but I will soon. So just giving you peeps a heads up to go to the dealers and see if you have the same problem.

damn for reals? i took mines in and they replaced the airbag, my srs was still on. Prob the set belt then huh? which set belt is it?

swollen_cu

Reaction score
My cars been in like 1 major front end damage and the SRS has been on ever since... I tried the reset and the light just came back on right away..

All I did was take the bulb out the back cause that light was annoying

truWarier02

Reaction score
damn for reals? i took mines in and they replaced the airbag, my srs was still on. Prob the set belt then huh? which set belt is it?

Yeah, it temporarily went away but the srs light came back on a couple days ago. But yeah, I'm pretty sure it's your belt buckle. I just don't know which one it is though.. probably driver's side. You should just go in and tell them about your light and about the warranty that covers it, so they don't charge you that $90 fee to check.

ABONACCORD

Banned
Reaction score
I have the same problem and im too lazy to use the wire method to fix it so i pulled my cluster and covered the led with electrical tape. No soldering, cutting anythign like that so when it is time to fix it i can just take the tape off. Didnt show thru at all for me.

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
you guys are retarded for taking your bulbs out and putting electrical tape over the bulb, especially because it only takes like ten seconds to reset it. The SRS light is there for a reason.....

Back