steering wheel shaking

accordguy

Reaction score
hey my steering wheel starts shaking as soon as i hit 50 mph but after 80 it stops idk whats goin on i checked the tires and alignment too anyone has any idea what might be the problem? thanks

LX_F23A1

Reaction score
You need your wheels balanced. Because once you go over a certain speed its like the wheel is being balanced, laws of physics lol

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
if it gets worse while braking it's the rotors. if it gets better when braking it's most likely just a balancing issue.

accordguy

Reaction score
i did balance the tires twice already but when i brake it stops shaking tho do you think they didnt balance the tires right?

nsjames

Reaction score
i did balance the tires twice already but when i brake it stops shaking tho do you think they didnt balance the tires right?

could be a slipped belt or some other issue in the tire.

rotate the fronts to the back. If the problem remains it's not tires.

It could also be ball joints/tie rods. It might go away when you brake because you're changing the toe/caster when you brake on bad steering stuff.

accordguy

Reaction score
thanks for the replays i check the ball joints and the tie rods already and they are fine tomorrow i will swap the tires just to make sure they are fine i hope is just the tires and not something worst lol

Back