stereo harness for 5th gen work on 6th gen?

accordmatt

Reaction score
ok so my 2000 accord factory harness was butchered by prev. owner. They cut off factory harness connector and hard wired pioneer deck, instead of just using a wire harness. i dont wanna just hard wire my deck in to replace it. So i do have both ends of a 5th gen accord harness. Will this wire up without issue?

LeAccord

Reaction score
Are you saying you have two of these?

305229.jpg

One for the deck and one for the car? Then they clip together? If so, yes it should work.

accordmatt

Reaction score
i have these i went to junkyard they had no 6th gens. there is no connector on my factory harness it was cut off. thats why l wanna try this

IMAG0020.jpg

schmiddr2

Reaction score
As long as it has the same number of wires then it makes no difference which harness you use, just make sure to get an aftermarket radio harness for a 5th gen.

accordmatt

Reaction score
thought so thats for the confirm. im inside of the worst wiring job ever. 6 cd changer wired in, along with a old *** nokia phone dock and speakerphone system. half the wires are soldered and half are twisted with electrical tape. well see how it goes:furious:

Nazcawil

Reaction score
I had a stereo in a 96 accord and had to buy a new harness to put it in my 6th gen. I might just be dumb though.

accordmatt

Reaction score
ok so i pulled all the bs outta there and found the stock connector. yay so l rewired them all back to it. now im off to get the correct harness only took me about 5 hrs of straight pulling panels and pulling all the wires and cords out for unneeded ****. so it better work after all that

Back