sub+amp help

phi1542

Reaction score
sorry man, not good at explaining, and well i have one

plus caps are bs and just put more strain on your electrical.

OP, its going to be almost impossible to get a sound system if your budget is 200. save up 400-500 and you can start a budget build.

^ Those were pretty bad instructions. And that was assuming he has a power block. Which most people don't

OP, do what I said in my first response and you're golden.

Would this be a good amp to power my speakers? im not sure what wattage they are though. i know i have kenwoods in the rear and pioneers on the doors. dashboard tweeters i believe are stock but they are not functional atm

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_33464_Kenwood-KAC-2404S.html

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
I don't know about the brand but 145 each.. Also enticing.

I don't remember audio components being this cheap :lawl:

Brimstone Brown

Reaction score
Yo phi. I'm a sacramento member let me know if you need a hand. I just got done with my budget audio build. I'm no wiring wizard but I'm down to help if you need assistance.

gt58

Reaction score
Not bad. But you can get more power, more features, at $20 more http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_23660_Precision-Power-PPI-S580.4.html

this amp is not cea complaint. meaning they could put any number they want, hell they could say it does 200 watts rms at each channel.

the one he chose is good. its cea complaint. and im pretty sure his speakers are 4 ohm so he'll see roughly 40 rms per speaker which will be pretty darn loud (assuming the stock deck puts out ~15-20 rms)

gt58

Reaction score
keep in mind if you plan on running 2 amps, 1 for mids and highs and 1 for sub, make sure your stereo has 2 rca outputs. because if you have a basic deck, "subwoofer level" controls the voltage out thru the rcas so when you go to "turn down" your sub if you dont have a bass knob you'll actually end up lowering total volume if you have the 1 rca out and y splitters.

this may sound confusing lol

it just happened in my buddies corolla. he ended up having a factory amp for the mids and highs so we had to split the rca outputs. i noticed that when i turned down subwoofer level that the whole car got quieter. its because the signal was coming from the rca's that we had to split, 1 to the monoblock amp and one to the factory amp.

schmiddr2

Reaction score
CEA compliant has nothing to do with quality. It is a standard that uses 14.4V @ 4ohm to get wattage @ 1% THD.

The fuse rating is as good as anything for determining power output. 30 amps vs 60 amps. These are the fuse ratings to protect the amplifiers from shorts in the power wire, but are also high enough that the amplifier does not draw more current than the fuse can withstand. So if you take A * V = W. Then factor in efficiency of 70-80% you have your expected output at 2 ohm.

Back