Subtle Update

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
regardless of the amber or not, i dont think those redhousings look good at all. good to hear youre working on a blackhousing now haha.

kn0x47

Reaction score
regardless of the amber or not, i dont think those redhousings look good at all. good to hear youre working on a blackhousing now haha.

yeah i've gotten used to them but black should look a lot better. about to bake a set of headlights now

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
i like the red housings actually. but the amber needs to go. and the yellow highbeams.

blackhousings are the only thing anyone ever does... that's why i like to see something different.

I'm waiting to see someone bust out the Eternal Blue Housings :hide:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
i like the red housings actually. but the amber needs to go. and the yellow highbeams.

blackhousings are the only thing anyone ever does... that's why i like to see something different.

I'm waiting to see someone bust out the Eternal Blue Housings :hide:

THIS. I have come to love mine and I get a lot of compliments on them. I say keep them and just get rid of any orange/yellow like others have said since it just doesn't mix well with red. Eyelids finish them well too.

I can't see pics at work, but I'll definitely take a look when I get home tonight. Congrats on the lip though!

Blue housings...ooooooohhhh.

Last edited:

TheHunter

Reaction score
If I went to a redhousing I would probably try to get a really dark/deep red color to match the color of the car better. I don't think it looks horrible, but it doesn't seem to flow as well as a blackhouse does on our cars.

kn0x47

Reaction score
it looked like San Marino to me.....
it is just not as glossy as the rest of the car

unfortunately i painted black under the amber so i can't make it look like redryder's. i might try blacking out the amber strip.
i like the yellow highbeams. it looks better in person then on these pics

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
They look good, I think it's the environment you took the photos in. There's a lot of reflections and shadows that distort how they actually look. I'd like to see a better pic of what the high beams look like.

I am confused by which part you painted black?

kn0x47

Reaction score
I am confused by which part you painted black?

behind the amber strip i painted black instead of leaving it shiny.

here's a pic of the other side of the car to show the yellow high beam
DSC_6936.jpg

Back